Chancellor's Dinner

I, along with five other UMR students had the opportunity to enjoy a catered meal at the house of the Chancellor, Stephen Lehmkuhle, and his wife, Professor Cynthia Lehmkuhle. All of the UMR students got to enjoy this, but to make it more of a personal experience we went in groups of six. I went with a group of girl friends that I not only attend school with, but also live at Bridgestreet apartments. We were all so excited to see Chancellor and Professor Lehmkuhle's home, not to mention curious as to what yummy meal would be catered for us! At 6 o'clock we arrived at their lovely home, dressed in our fancy attire, excited to talk directly with the Chancellor. First, we sat in their tidy and warm living room; talking of the future of UMR. The Chancellor was so interested in what we had to say, he even asked our opinion about the new UMR commercial. We then sat down to dinner; where we talked about everything from the learning labs to what to expect in the next few years at UMR. The food was very good; the salad and vegetables were so fresh, and the chicken topped with tomato and basil was a hit. I couldn't help but notice that everyone, even the Chancellor's mother who also attended the dinner, consumed everything on their plates. The dessert, pumpkin pie, was so delicious that I was even was tempted to steal my friend's piece! Overall, the evening was very fun. I loved that we each got the chance to talk of our recommendations and of our opinions. It was very comforting to know that Chancellor and Professor Lehmkuhle are always there when we need them.

Steve & Cindy.JPG

Video of the Week: 2/11/14
I'm a little behind on putting up videos, but I promise this one will be work it. My roommate and 
Top 5 Things to Have for Everyday in London
Hello! I thought that I would make a list of the things that I MUST carry with me on a 
I'm Behind the Times
Many people watch TV shows as they air weekly, but I'm a nonconformist. I like to wait a year or 
Training termites!
Last week was our first biology lab of the new semester. We were doing the termite lab, and all I 
The Comforts of Home
Hello All! Even though I am not in the States there are still some American comforts that I am able