318 Commons: A Luxury for College Students

I really enjoy living at 318 Commons. It's a wonderful social and academic environment. I moved in a week before classes started, and all of the welcome week events were a great way to get to know my classmates. Living in a building with so many other students is great because it makes it easy to spend time with friends and get to know a variety of people.

It's common for people here to leave their apartment doors propped open so people can just come in and socialize. We enjoy getting groups of people together to watch movies or play games on the TV down in the lounge. There are also some really fun events that are organized here, such as the ballroom dance performance, a hypnotist, and pot luck dinners. The building offers a great community feel, and the apartments are gorgeous, with all the comforts of home.

Another huge benefit of living at 318 is the live and learn style of the building. It's extremely convenient to have classes down in the basement, especially early in the morning! The second floor study area and Just Ask Center is a great resource, as well. If I'm up in my room working on an assignment and I get stuck on something, a lot of times I can go right downstairs and ask a faculty member for help. If there isn't a faculty member there at the time, there are often other students working on the same assignments and we can collaborate and figure it out together. The study rooms are excellent places to have meetings for group projects. While preparing for exams, there are often large groups of students who get together and study in the booths, as well. Having all these resources right in the building where I live is extremely convenient. It's great to live in a building that is really designed for the student lifestyle.

Video of the Week: 2/11/14
I'm a little behind on putting up videos, but I promise this one will be work it. My roommate and 
Top 5 Things to Have for Everyday in London
Hello! I thought that I would make a list of the things that I MUST carry with me on a 
I'm Behind the Times
Many people watch TV shows as they air weekly, but I'm a nonconformist. I like to wait a year or 
Training termites!
Last week was our first biology lab of the new semester. We were doing the termite lab, and all I 
The Comforts of Home
Hello All! Even though I am not in the States there are still some American comforts that I am able