Suzy attends the North Regional Respiratory Care Conference

The North Regional Respiratory Care Conference was scheduled for April 29th through May 2nd, 2012. As respiratory students in the host city, we help coordinate the event. On Monday and Tuesday morning some of my classmates and I helped check-in conference attendees.There were multiple presentations from people around the country. While eating lunch on Monday, we got to enjoy an award ceremony and live music. That night there was a Sputum Bowl competition, in which some of the Rochester senior respiratory care students participated. The Sputum Bowl is a trivia game in which the teams answer questions regarding respiratory care.

On Tuesday afternoon there was a Vent 5K race event that raised donations and awareness for the American Respiratory Care Foundation. There were seven different respiratory care student teams that took part in the Vent 5K race. The Mayo School of Health Sciences/ University of Minnesota Rochester respiratory student team took second in the race! We also raised the most money! That night there was a karaoke contest, a celebrity costume contest, and burgers to eat at Goonie's Comedy Club. A number of my classmates participated in the karaoke contest. I really enjoyed the conference and look forward to attending next year! ~Suzy

Video of the Week: 2/11/14
I'm a little behind on putting up videos, but I promise this one will be work it. My roommate and 
Top 5 Things to Have for Everyday in London
Hello! I thought that I would make a list of the things that I MUST carry with me on a 
I'm Behind the Times
Many people watch TV shows as they air weekly, but I'm a nonconformist. I like to wait a year or 
Training termites!
Last week was our first biology lab of the new semester. We were doing the termite lab, and all I 
The Comforts of Home
Hello All! Even though I am not in the States there are still some American comforts that I am able