Ballroom in the Square

As I found out in the past week, UMR has an extensive collection of clubs ranging from religious groups to ultimate Frisbee, but the one that has been catching quite a bit of attention from incoming freshman ins the Ballroom dance team. This past Wednesday night the chancellor and several other speakers welcomed students to the beginning of the school year by having dinner and a little entertainment in Peace Plaza. A major part of that entertainment included the ballroom dance team. For half an hour, the ballroom dance team and their instructor, Jeremy Anderson, taught the students in the plaza a few of the basics of ballroom dance. I have to tell you, from personal experience, that it was amazing! I loved that the point wasn't whether you were good at it or not, but rather that you were having fun trying. Although the number of females enrolled out numbers males four to one, everyone found a partner, including UMR's mascot the Raptor. So, if you're looking for something new and exciting, check out one of UMR's most talked about clubs; the ballroom dance team.

Video of the Week: 2/11/14
I'm a little behind on putting up videos, but I promise this one will be work it. My roommate and 
Top 5 Things to Have for Everyday in London
Hello! I thought that I would make a list of the things that I MUST carry with me on a 
I'm Behind the Times
Many people watch TV shows as they air weekly, but I'm a nonconformist. I like to wait a year or 
Training termites!
Last week was our first biology lab of the new semester. We were doing the termite lab, and all I 
The Comforts of Home
Hello All! Even though I am not in the States there are still some American comforts that I am able