Ambassador Social

The UMR Ambassadors got together on a chilly fall evening for bonding time and pumpkin carving. The evening started off with a wonderful meal made courtesy of Phillip and Missy. Everyone brought an item to contribute to the meal whether it was salad, plates, or dessert. I was in charge of bringing a dessert and since I'm not much of a professional in the kitchen, I decided to purchase a cookie cake to bring. The meal was delicious! We ate spaghetti with an option of either white or red sauce. My favorite part of the meal was the chicken. I'm not sure how Phillip made it but it was some of the best chicken I've ever had (sorry Mom)!
After everyone was done stuffing their faces with delicious food, we headed to the garage to begin the pumpkin carving. I could not tell you the last time I ever carved pumpkins. I remember painting pumpkins when I was younger because I did not enjoy dealing with the ooey gooey insides of the pumpkin. However, I am glad that I got to have the experience again. We had fourteen pumpkins total, allowing us to carve out the words "UMR AMBASSADORS". You could tell some of us were more artistic than others but that's expected, I mean we are health science majors. My lack of experience in pumpkin carving definitely showed when I had a little accident with the knife. I ended up slightly cutting my finger and was the only one to do so, making it memorable. The small amount of blood on the pumpkin gave my pumpkin that extra little Halloween touch. After we were able to put candles into all of the pumpkins, it turned out to be a beautiful sight to see. What a great bonding experience it was!

282375_10152199765785643_1639948812_n[1].jpg

Video of the Week: 2/11/14
I'm a little behind on putting up videos, but I promise this one will be work it. My roommate and 
Top 5 Things to Have for Everyday in London
Hello! I thought that I would make a list of the things that I MUST carry with me on a 
I'm Behind the Times
Many people watch TV shows as they air weekly, but I'm a nonconformist. I like to wait a year or 
Training termites!
Last week was our first biology lab of the new semester. We were doing the termite lab, and all I 
The Comforts of Home
Hello All! Even though I am not in the States there are still some American comforts that I am able