Dance- It's a Big Deal!

It has been said that UMR has a lack of sports, but if you look a little closer you can see that is not the case. Earlier this year I did a blog on the ballroom team, and now it is the dance team's turn! For the past several weeks the dance team has been practicing, conditioning and choreographing and the results are phenomenal. Ballroom takes a lot of hard work, but if you watch a dance team practice there is no argument that they are working like crazy too. The dance team has been slowly perfecting the choreography to this year's first musical selection, and while I cant release the song title I can safely say that the moves are like nothing you've ever seen. They require a mix of technical skills, flexibility and the ability to keep up with the fast-paced music. I have been lucky enough to join the other girls at both conditioning and choreography practice and I believe I can say for all of us that the sore muscles, bruises and scrapes are minor when you see the whole dance put together. The choreography team, comprised of several of the dance team members, has chosen to cover quite a few dance styles including jazz and hip-hop. This is going to be a routine that will be hard for any on looker to forget. Keep a look out for the announcement of the first performance; you won't want to miss it!

Video of the Week: 2/11/14
I'm a little behind on putting up videos, but I promise this one will be work it. My roommate and 
Top 5 Things to Have for Everyday in London
Hello! I thought that I would make a list of the things that I MUST carry with me on a 
I'm Behind the Times
Many people watch TV shows as they air weekly, but I'm a nonconformist. I like to wait a year or 
Training termites!
Last week was our first biology lab of the new semester. We were doing the termite lab, and all I 
The Comforts of Home
Hello All! Even though I am not in the States there are still some American comforts that I am able