UMR Connects

We've all heard of UMR connects and know that it happens in our very own lecture room on the fourth floor of U-Square. However, what many students don't know is what it is actually like to attend one of these events. I attended a few UMR Connects sessions previous to the elections that focused on voting history and what would be on the ballot this November. The elections have come and gone, but the truth is that those events helped me gain more knowledge in an hour about voting and my rights as a voter than I ever could have learned on my own. The speakers were passionate and knew their stuff and the audience was amazing at listening while also participating. Here is the best part, the topic is always different! No repeats and the information is always up to date. So if you're ever in a moment when you need a study break or are just looking for something to do, check and see if a UMR connects session is being held. Signs on the fourth floor in addition to a sign usually located at the bottom of the stair case on the second floor indicate the topic of the next event, what time it will be held, and where. Give it a try; you might be surprised at what you learn!

Video of the Week: 2/11/14
I'm a little behind on putting up videos, but I promise this one will be work it. My roommate and 
Top 5 Things to Have for Everyday in London
Hello! I thought that I would make a list of the things that I MUST carry with me on a 
I'm Behind the Times
Many people watch TV shows as they air weekly, but I'm a nonconformist. I like to wait a year or 
Training termites!
Last week was our first biology lab of the new semester. We were doing the termite lab, and all I 
The Comforts of Home
Hello All! Even though I am not in the States there are still some American comforts that I am able