Beauty Tips to Help You Deal with Stress!

Hello again! I know that with school going on we rarely have time to pamper ourselves, but making sure we have time to take care of our skin and overall appearance is pretty important. I've noticed that when people get really stressed out, they tend to break out a little more than they usually do. Now, that never used to happen to me but lately it's been happening more than I'd like it to be. That being said, I spent a few hours on the internet searching for great masks and hair treatments that I could easily do at home! Of course I found a bunch of results, but the one that really caught my eye was...

Huda Kattan's beauty blog! Face-Masks.jpgShe has the most amazing tips! Basically she's an Iraqi makeup artist based in the U.S. and Dubai. She does lots of reviews and always shares great makeup/skin care tips with her viewers. You can find more tips at hudabeauty.com, but today I wanted to share some easy to make masks that I found on her site. Taking an hour or so out of your day to just relax and take care of yourself really does make a huge difference. I cannot wait for the next few days to be over so that I can finally take some time to do some of these masks and hair treatments. That's another thing, she also has advice on hair! There's posts on oil treatments/hair masks/hair styles, and more! My hair used to be really long, I mean I guess it's not really short right now, but it's not as long as it once used to be - and that's because I would straighten it too much, or not comb it enough because I'd come home so tired everyday that my hair was the last thing on my mind! That's why I've been using her tips and they actually do help! DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR HAIR!

Just like I promised, here are some useful tips that you can do over break to get you ready for next semester, and even for any upcoming parties or big events you have going on! Enjoy! xo

1. Jessica Biel Inspired Face Mask (Very simple!)
Do you ever wonder how Jessica Biel gets such nice skin? Well, wonder no more! All she does is take an avocado and mash it up. She then applies it all over her face and lets it sit for 20 minutes and then rinses it off! The purpose of this mask is to moisturize your skin, it also gives it a nice glow! (I've tried this and it's my favorite! Works magic!)
Avocados.jpg

2. Yogurt/Honey/Pineapple Mask!
Ingredients:
1/3 cup of plain yogurt
2 - 3 cubes of pineapple
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of aloe
(optional!)

Directions:
Mince the pineapples until they're very small. In a small bowl, mix together the honey, yogurt, and aloe (if you used it) with a fork until blended well. Then, add in pineapples and fold into the mixture. Apply on your face until completely covered; let it sit for 15 - 20 minutes and then rinse.

3. Walnut Face Scrub
Ingredients:
1/4 cup of plain yogurt
1/3 cup of ground walnuts
1 tablespoon of honey

Directions:
Mix together honey and yogurt, and then add walnuts. Work into skin, massaging into the t-zone (which is the forehead and nose region) and nose. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Follow with your favorite moisturizer! :-)

4. Blueberry Face Mask
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
1/3 cup of honey
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of quick oats

Directions:
In a a blender, blend the blueberries until smooth. In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients until smooth. Add blueberries. Apply to skin using an old makeup brush, let sit for 15 minutes!

5. Shine & Gorgeous Hair Mask!
Ingredients:
1/3 cup of raw honey
2 tablespoons of almond oil (coconut oil can be used as a substitute)
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar

Directions:
Mix together ingredients and work into hair root to tip! Leave on hair for 30 minutes to 1 hour, then wash with shampoo and condition as usual. Style as usual.

Video of the Week: 2/11/14
I'm a little behind on putting up videos, but I promise this one will be work it. My roommate and 
Top 5 Things to Have for Everyday in London
Hello! I thought that I would make a list of the things that I MUST carry with me on a 
I'm Behind the Times
Many people watch TV shows as they air weekly, but I'm a nonconformist. I like to wait a year or 
Training termites!
Last week was our first biology lab of the new semester. We were doing the termite lab, and all I 
The Comforts of Home
Hello All! Even though I am not in the States there are still some American comforts that I am able