Planning Study Abroad Capstone Options

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know how exciting it is to plan a capstone! Honestly it makes you feel good knowing that you are having a decision in planning your entire final year of college!

Trust me you are going to have some major decision making and planning to do but you will have plenty of time to talk with your coaches and other UMR staff while planning.

First I started by going to Panama last summer, I was testing myself to see if I would be able to handle being away from my family and out of a country that I was familiar with. I ended up being fine and actually really enjoying myself! This experience helped tell myself that I was ready to leave the country, but maybe not when the only language is Spanish.

DSC03811.JPG

So I decided to look into Australian and European programs. I looked through the study abroad center at the Twin Cities because I knew that these programs have been done by many students and they are easy to coordinate.

I also looked online, there are many programs and I am sure that you will be able to find a great program, but this was just what I decided to look into. There are so many options!

Make sure you start planning in advance, I needed to contact the Ronald McDonald House in London before I could decide to volunteer there for example. They responded within a week, but do not expect everyone to be that quick.

Make sure you take some time over the summer before your Sophomore year to figure out some options. During your first meeting with your coach that year you can begin talking about what you have been brainstorming! Honestly the end of your Fall semester of your Junior year comes to an end so fast! Believe me!

So really take some time to research all of your options and if you are considering study abroad because some of them can be misleading so make sure you keep your eyes peeled for those types of programs and make sure you talk to Michael if you have any questions, I am sure that he would be over willing to help you!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Happy Planning!

Courtnee

Video of the Week: 2/11/14
I'm a little behind on putting up videos, but I promise this one will be work it. My roommate and 
Top 5 Things to Have for Everyday in London
Hello! I thought that I would make a list of the things that I MUST carry with me on a 
I'm Behind the Times
Many people watch TV shows as they air weekly, but I'm a nonconformist. I like to wait a year or 
Training termites!
Last week was our first biology lab of the new semester. We were doing the termite lab, and all I 
The Comforts of Home
Hello All! Even though I am not in the States there are still some American comforts that I am able