First Name: Courtnee
Hometown: Brookings, SD
College Graduation Year: 2014
Favorite place to eat in Rochester: Chester's
Favorite Quote: "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss
Favorite Class: Anatomy and Physiology
Favorite thing to do on the weekend: Go to a movie, hang out with friends, and recently MCAT prep!
Best place to study: On the orange couches at 318 with a large white board.
Advice for students considering a career in Health Sciences: Do every opportunity possible; apply and make time for as many experiences as you can. Each and every one of them will allow you to make connections and determine your correct career path.
Something I wish I had known as a freshman: To learn how to quickly become adjusted to doing homework/studying/reviewing a little each night. If you implement this study pattern early, it will be easier to get through your sophomore year and help when you are studying for the MCAT or other professional school tests. (Trust me!)
A tip for in-class group work: Get up and interact with your group/table mates. I did not do this my freshman year and suddenly started to my sophomore year during anatomy and physiology. I can tell you that it not only improved my grades, but also helped me become recognized by the professors.
Career Interest(s): Pediatric/Neonatal Surgeon
All Entries by Courtnee
- Society for Neuroscience Conference Day 3!
- Society for Neuroscience Conference Day 2!
- Society for Neuroscience Conference Day 1!
- Applying to Study Abroad Scholarships
- Attending the Transform Conference
- How I Spent My Summer
- Finals Week and the Raptor Name Reveal
- Stress Eating and How to Stay Sane During Finals!
- Finally: At the start of Applying to Medical Schools
- So my capstone got rejected....now what?
- Apps for iPhones and devices that are beneficial for school!
- The Cookie Test
- How I Spent my Spring Break
- Top 5 Study Spots
- Group Involvement and Starting your Own!
- Top 5 Things to Do in Rochester During the Winter Months!
- Capstone Ideas and some advice
- How it feels to be DONE with the MCAT, and some tips to creating your own study schedule!
- Planning Study Abroad Capstone Options
- What to do over Christmas Break
- We are nearing finals week, so take a break and read these Study Tips!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Rochester, Finding an Organization You Are Passionate About!
- Global Brigades Medical Mission Trip Reflection
- IHI Open School Conference
- MCAT Jitters and Fish Research
- Capstone Experiences and How to Plan!
- On Campus Employment
- Courtnee's Pinterest Dinner Night!
- Information about the UMR Dance Team!