Courtnee's Profile

Courtnee Blogger  Pic 250x250.jpg
First Name: Courtnee

Hometown: Brookings, SD

College Graduation Year: 2014

Favorite place to eat in Rochester: Chester's

Favorite Quote: "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

Favorite Class: Anatomy and Physiology

Favorite thing to do on the weekend: Go to a movie, hang out with friends, and recently MCAT prep!

Best place to study: On the orange couches at 318 with a large white board.

Advice for students considering a career in Health Sciences: Do every opportunity possible; apply and make time for as many experiences as you can. Each and every one of them will allow you to make connections and determine your correct career path.

Something I wish I had known as a freshman: To learn how to quickly become adjusted to doing homework/studying/reviewing a little each night. If you implement this study pattern early, it will be easier to get through your sophomore year and help when you are studying for the MCAT or other professional school tests. (Trust me!)

A tip for in-class group work: Get up and interact with your group/table mates. I did not do this my freshman year and suddenly started to my sophomore year during anatomy and physiology. I can tell you that it not only improved my grades, but also helped me become recognized by the professors.

Career Interest(s): Pediatric/Neonatal Surgeon

All Entries by Courtnee

Recent Entries by Courtnee

Top 5 Things to Have for Everyday in London
Hello! I thought that I would make a list of the things that I MUST carry with me on a 
The Comforts of Home
Hello All! Even though I am not in the States there are still some American comforts that I am able 
Weekend Excursions while Abroad!
Hello All! Classes are in full swing and I had my first internship day on Monday! I am still waiting 
School Must Go On...
I have to say that I was very happy I arrived in London about five days before the semester began. 
Its the Small Things
Hello! Its been a week in London so far and I couldn't be more excited about it! Throughout my time