May 27, 2004
Post database citations in your blog!
Using Movable Type's bookmarklet functionality, it is now possible to post citations from Find It Enabled databases directly into your blog at the click of a button. To see an example of how this works, visit my test blog: snackeru playground.
Why would you want to use your blog to keep track of citations? Here are a few possibilities:
- Once you've saved a Find It URL in your blog, you can easily locate it again using your blog's search or categorization functionality.
- Categorize citations on your blog based on class, assignment, or area of research, or create a blog just for your research citations.
- Thanks to UThink's date manipulation functionality, use your blog as a class reading list.
- With Find It URLs saved on your blog, copyright is taken care of and any affiliated U of M - TC user that reads your blog will automatically have off campus access.
- Share citiations you've found with colleagues who are interested in your research.
To use blogs in this way, first log into your UThink blog. Then do some research in a Find It enabled database. When you find a citation you would like to keep, click on the Find It icon. Find the menu option "Post this citation to your blog on UThink." From there you can post the citation to your blog, and make comments on the citiation.
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments at email@example.comPosted by snackeru at May 27, 2004 03:19 PM