September 09, 2005
UThink upgrade update
It was our intention to have UThink upgraded to MT 3.17 by now. Obviously, that hasn't happened yet and I apologize. We have run into some snags that have caused us to delay the release. For now, I'm going to stop trying to guess at what date we will actually perform the upgrade, but it will be "soon." However, thanks to these delays and snags we have decided to go ahead and upgrade UThink fully to Movable Type 3.2. There are some nifty features and plug-ins in MT 3.2 that I hope will make the wait worthwhile:
- StyleCatcher: a plugin that will take the place of the Template Changer and offer UThink users new styles and designs to try on their blogs.
- Blogroll: MT 3.2 includes the capability of managing your Blogroll (roll of links on your blog) from the administrative interface.
- Dynamic publishing: choose dynamic publishing to rebuild your blogs faster. Especially useful for larger blogs.
- StatWatch: a plugin that makes tracking statistics for your blog easier.
- Add multiple users at once: we have also built a new tool that will allow you to add multiple Internet IDs to your blogs at the same time. This will hopefully make the creation process for class blogs a little easier.
We also hope to begin looking at ways to incorporate Flikr accounts into your blogs, ways to post to both LiveJournal and UThink simultaneously, new and improved methods to incorporate RSS feeds into your blog(s), etc.
Until we upgrade please continue to take the time to test the new installation. We have fixed the dynamic publishing problems and we have installed all the current plugins, including a new plugin called MutliBlog. We are trying to see if this plugin will be worthwhile to have on UThink.
Again, I am very sorry it is taking us so long. Believe me, I am as frustrated as some of you probably are. However, I think you will be happy with the upgrade when it finally happens. So, be on the lookout for messages here concerning when this upgrade will happen. One morning UThink may be down for a short period of time. When that happens it probably means we are in the middle of the upgrade. Stay tuned!
UPDATE 9/9/05 2:00 PM: We are upgrading the test instance to MT 3.2 right now, so if you are fooling around with that you may encounter some difficulties.Posted by snackeru at September 9, 2005 01:35 PM