April 19, 2006
Hello everyone. I've been getting a lot of the same questions and comments recently concerning the more technical side of Movable Type and our implementation of it on UThink. So, I've been preparing a "Technical FAQ" that will hopefully highlight some of the more frequently asked questions and provide an easier way for users to find the answers. So far, I am planning on answering these questions:
- How do I get hit statistics for my blog?
- How do I use a departmental Internet ID to create a UThink blog?
- How do I add a list of links or a "blogroll" to my blog home page?
- How do I increase or decrease the number of entries that appear on my home page?
- How do I customize the look of my blog? How do I change its appearance?
- How do I delete an existing blog?
- How do I add students to my class blog? How do I add a new Internet ID to my blog?
- How do I password protect my blog?
- Is XML-RPC available on UThink? If so, what are the connection parameters?
- What is an RSS feed and how might I use one?
These are just a few of the questions I would like to tackle. Are there any that I am missing? If you can think of any, please put them in the comments!
Also, I am thinking that an FAQ of this sort may be perfect in Wiki format. That way it would give all of us a chance to spread our wisdom. I may contact the UMWiki people and discuss the possibilities.
Also, if you'd like to learn a little more about the project, there is a Breeze presentation concerning UThink that is available online for you to view. The Breeze file also includes presentations concerning other Web 2.0 technologies and how you could try to use them in a classroom setting. As always, let me know if you have any questions!Posted by snackeru at April 19, 2006 09:17 AM