Final Project Reflection

For my final project I wanted to give stop motion a try. I had never really done an involved version of one so I thought this would be a good opportunity. I used all the dirty laundry I had accumulated due to a broken washing machine. I decided that I would have my burnt orange chair consume all of it. Using garage band and some of my own guitar I created a musical score to go over the top of it. Overall I had a great time creating this and I was pretty pleased with the results. I think I'm addicted to stop motion!

Final Project

Download file

Classroom Reflection

Approaching the lesson I definitely was feeling some anxiety. There was to be forty students coming in that we were responsible for teaching in the duration of an hour. At first I was skeptical of how smoothly everything would go.We had a lot to cover in a short amount of time. As soon as the students entered all of my anxiety disappeared and I went into teacher mode. I began to feed off of the questions and energy and had an immense amount of fun carrying out the lesson. I was also very pleased with how well everything went and we ran into few problems. Overall the experience made me a little disappointed that I am no longer going into an art education career. I feel that there is a place for me and education and there is definitely a possibility I will come back to it in the future. Overall I was extremely pleased with how well everything went. The students were enthusiastic and I had a great time doing it as well.

Sand Table/Wanda Gag Lesson

Here is my lesson plan for our activity in the Tweed.

Download file