« Catching up | Main | UMConnecting »

SNL (Social Networking Live) and Twittering

After hearing some horror stoies about My Space and Face Boo, it is nce to read about some positive ways that this can be used. I was also very intriguesd by the MAYO site. I could see something like this used for some teams as they work. It would be a way to find others that have similar interst and to promote programs. I am not sure how I would go about using FaceBook for a team, but is definitely something that I will ruminate over. I could see some possible development of and Extension or EFANS site on Face Book. a way to get our staff out in public view and to discuss what we do, how we do it, results and impacts. It could also be used to gather input, ideas and comments around projects, research, and programs. As an INTJ I need to think about this some more.

IM and Twitter are intriguing to me. I guess I have yet to secumb to the rapture of IM. I don't text, I barely know how to get the messages off mt phone and I most certainly don't understand most of the abbreviations. Yet I see some possibilities for better communicationsand more efficient work by using these technologies. I can see some possibilities for IM and even twittering on projects and for teams. Again, I need to try this and see if I can figure out how best to use this for the work in which I am involved.