Obama demands investigation into Secret Service allegations

President Barack Obama called Sunday for an investigation into allegations that Secret Service agents hired prostitutes, the Associated Press reported.

The director of the Secret Service will investigate whether 11 Secret Service agents and officers brought back prostitutes to a hotel in Cartagena, Columbia, according to CNN.

"I expect that investigation to be thorough and I expect it to be rigorous," Obama said at a news conference in Cartagena. "If it turns out that some of the allegations that have been made in the press are confirmed, then of course I'll be angry," he said.

Obama said the allegations don't match up to the standard of conduct expected of Secret Service agents.

The agents have since returned to the United States and been put on administrative leave, the agency said. Obama arrived in Cartagena after the alleged misconduct took place.

"I'll wait until the full investigation is completed until I pass final judgment," Obama said.