Recently in National News Category

President Barack Obama called Sunday for an investigation into allegations that Secret Service agents hired prostitutes, the Associated Press reported.

The director of the Secret Service will investigate whether 11 Secret Service agents and officers brought back prostitutes to a hotel in Cartagena, Columbia, according to CNN.

"I expect that investigation to be thorough and I expect it to be rigorous," Obama said at a news conference in Cartagena. "If it turns out that some of the allegations that have been made in the press are confirmed, then of course I'll be angry," he said.

Obama said the allegations don't match up to the standard of conduct expected of Secret Service agents.

The agents have since returned to the United States and been put on administrative leave, the agency said. Obama arrived in Cartagena after the alleged misconduct took place.

"I'll wait until the full investigation is completed until I pass final judgment," Obama said.

Residents throughout the Midwest region of the United States will face strong storms and fast-moving tornadoes this weekend, forecasters warned.

The Associated Press reported late Saturday that Tornadoes were reported in Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma while strong storms hit Iowa during the day.

In Nebraska, barns, outbuildings, large trees, vehicles and other structures suffered damages from an apparent tornado, officials said.

According to CNN, Wichita, Kan., was under a tornado emergency late Saturday as a large twister traveled through south-central Kansas -- a situation the National Weather Service classified as "particularly dangerous."

CNN also reported that a possible tornado struck a hospital in Creston, Iowa, on Saturday evening.

The most dangerous weather in the area is expected to come Saturday night into Sunday morning, the Associated Press reported.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the National News category.

Local News is the previous category.