Art Classes at Pigeon Lake Field Station

Hello!

I have an exciting opportunity I'd like to share with you in hopes you may have some students that would like to participate. I am teaching an art class through Pigeon Lake Field Station, an extension of University of Wisconsin-River Falls. The class is called Earthenware Clay Explorations and is from June 19-24. It is an installation art class, perfect for students looking to do a little in-depth research in this area. Students can receive credit through UW-River Falls. All information is located here: https://www.uwrf.edu/ContinuingEducation/PigeonLakeRegistration.cfm

Here's a little explanation about Pigeon Lake:

Secluded in a national forest, Discovery Center at Pigeon Lake Field Station is the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of your everyday life. Three classroom buildings, a wet lab, a glass lab, a kiln and a dark room allow instructors of classes and programs to have flexibility in providing students and participants with a quality learning experience. The Discovery Center offers a new technology-enhanced classroom and free wireless internet, allowing students and participants to use modern day tools to explore their findings in the outdoor learning laboratory. The technology-enhanced classroom provides an LCD projector, screen, and technology podium (which includes a PC computer, external hook-ups, and a DVD player). A stone fireplace, comfortable seating, and a lake view create a cozy atmosphere within the Discovery Center Lodge. This public facility provides students and participants with a place to relax outside of the classroom or cabin. Free wireless internet is provided in the Lodge and the Dining Hall. The polished-pine Dining Hall provides excellent buffet style meals.

Thank you for sharing with your students and please contact me if I can answer any questions. Please feel free to share my contact information as well.

Kindly,
Lauren Herzak-Bauman

419-575-2027
pigeon lake front.pdf