Shadow Projections by Sam Berg

Samantha Berg, a student here at the department, used the laser cutter to create a wonderful shadow projected image by etching clear acrylic and shining a light on the image (as seen in the photo below).

IMG_2133.JPG

The image below shows what the acrylic looks like after it is etched (the clear acrylic was photographed behind a black background to show up in the photo better).

IMG_2135.JPG

When etching acrylic for shadow projecting purposes it is important to make sure your original image has high contrast with relatively few midtones from there the image should be halftoned with relatively few dots or circles per inch; this creates more clarity in the projected image because when the dots are too tight they etch more surface blocking light from passing through the acrylic.

I'm currently working on an article for laser engraving photos and came across this blog. Would it be possible to use you picture in my arcticle because I like it very much.

Here you can see the article: http://www.prhwy.com/news/125246-useful-information-about-laser-engraving-photos.html