MAEP Unpaid Intern Duties
Position starts in early/mid-November.
Daily: update MAEP database with new proposal application information, keep accurate collection of application images for upcoming panel meetings, read and reply to emails in MAEP Google account
Time: 3-7 hours/day
Monthly: schedule meetings, request copies of proposals for panel meeting, prepare discs of proposal images for panelists, send proposals and discs to each panelist, prepare room for panel meeting, record panel meeting minutes, create exhibition deadline calendars for upcoming artists
Time: 5-10 hours/month
Every 3 Months: assist with de-install/install week of MAEP exhibitions, i.e. assist Registration de-install art, meet with installing artists/be on-hand to assist with install, ensure galleries prepared for installation, meet with Design & Editorial about upcoming exhibition brochures, collect images and credit info then format for Visual Resources, Design & Editorial, Public Relations Departments.
Time: 7-8 hours/day/1-2 weeks before new exhibition
Special/On-going Projects: research content management systems for MAEP exhibition archive, add to Google Doc MAEP Demographic statistics, assisting artists with creating collector sets for ArtsConnectEd (Artist Voice/Artist Choice), research and document archive of MAEP exhibitions.
Other duties as needed or requested.
Education: BA, MA or MFA preferred. Art & Art History major preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Minnesota's artist community, arts organizations, and experience working with artists
• Demonstrated ability to conduct extended research and administrative tasks
• Ability to write summaries reports and organize results
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and strong organizational skills
• Strong knowledge of social media networks, including Twitter and Facebook, for correspondence and event promotion
Equipment Operated: PC & Mac computer, Photoshop, Bridge, Microsoft Word & Excel software, scanner, phone, fax machine, copy machine.
Background Check Requirements: Satisfactory criminal background check required
If interested in applying, send an email to Christopher Atkins, MAEP Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with resume attached.