China: a New Kind of Protest(Labor Movement)

I chose this article because it discusses a specific example of Chinese workers protesting at their factory in China. It also describes this "new" Chinese labor movement and the problems that face its success. This is one topic that I have always been interested in because the United States imports so many goods from China.

Continue reading "China: a New Kind of Protest(Labor Movement)" »

Protest Against Deforestation in Indonesia

This article discusses Greenpeace's recent activism against the rampant deforestation in Indonesia. This is a subject that I am very interested in and it caught my attention right away. The method they used was a sort of mock violence as they wielded fake chainsaws and wore masks to protest.

http://www.maple3.com/2008/08/06/protest-against-deforestation-in-indonesia/

Continue reading "Protest Against Deforestation in Indonesia" »

Kasmir Hindus Call off Protest

This article caught my attention because it discussed the excessive amount of force used by Indian troops against Kasmir Hindus. After two months of protests the Kasmir Hindus called off their protests because the government was allowing them to use lands for their annual religious pilgrimage.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/1318360/2049798

Continue reading "Kasmir Hindus Call off Protest" »

Struggling 'Through Hell and High Water'

This article maybe a little old and at times make you reminise, but I think it gets to the point at the end. It is about the U.N.'s Fourth World Conference on Women in China during 1995. A parallel conference was organized by NGOs but many women seeking to attend found their visa had complications and/or blocked. The Chinese Government took precautions against expected protests, including naked protests. The bug spray I thought was a nice touch.

Continue reading "Struggling 'Through Hell and High Water'" »

China's people must rise up with nonviolent tactics

I thought that this article was interesting because it I found it in the Christian Science Monitor online, which I wasn't expecting. I didn't really know what the CSM talked about, but I assumed christian beliefs, I didn't expect to see in it an article advising the people of China how to protest their government non-violently.

Continue reading "China's people must rise up with nonviolent tactics" »

This article is interesting because it is not about a specific incident of nonviolence, but rather it is an advocacy of the use of it in China, while citing instances as well as reasons for it. It is an attempt by a credible source to give validity to the movement.

Björk's Tibet protest offends Chinese fans

First Steven Spielberg upset China's internet users after resigning as adviser to the Olympics over Darfur. Now Björk is under attack after shouting "Tibet! Tibet!" at the end of her song Declare Independence at a concert in Shanghai.

Continue reading "Björk's Tibet protest offends Chinese fans" »

Monk Protests in Tibet Draw Chinese Security

BEIJING — Chinese security forces were reportedly surrounding three monasteries outside Lhasa, the Tibetan capital, on Thursday after hundreds of monks took to the streets this week in what are believed to be the largest Tibetan protests against Chinese rule in two decades.

Continue reading "Monk Protests in Tibet Draw Chinese Security" »

China Frowns on Patriotic Protests

Locals hold Chinese national flags as they shout slogans outside a Carrefour supermarket in Qingdao, Shandong province

Continue reading "China Frowns on Patriotic Protests" »

Tiananmen Square Demonstrates for Democracy

Post your entries on China by 5pm on Mon, Oct 13th.

mantank.jpg

Fight violence with nonviolence

This is an organization that blogs about violence, one particular article i found about the Philippines.Recently a village on the island of Mindanao in the Philippines was under threat by two armed groups who had come within 200 meters of each other. The village elders called for help from the Nonviolent Peaceforce stationed there, who intervened and by communicating with all sides persuaded the armed group to back away. Thanks to mediation, no violence erupted, no lives were lost.

Continue reading "Fight violence with nonviolence" »

China: 40 missing children parents' petition journey in Beijing

i found this article on a blog called global voices. It seemed very interesting and it provides a good view of how the media in china limits what is and is not shown on television.This news about 40 parents petition in Beijing for their missing children has been censored by the mainstream media and major news portal in the Internet in China. Beifeng re-posts one of the parents' first person account of the petition in his blog and urges readers to spread the news.

Continue reading "China: 40 missing children parents' petition journey in Beijing" »

The Exciting World of South Korean Protests

This is a blog that outlines various forms of protest that have taken place in South Korea. It is an interesting and unorthodox take on the world of protesting, which I found to be pretty interesting.

Continue reading "The Exciting World of South Korean Protests" »

Protest numbers swell against President Arroyo

philippines.jpg
About 30,000 people march in Manila calling for the President's impeachment and resignation. The President was accused of corruption in gambling. This article is not about overthrowing their government but just about not trusting her anymore. I also that it was interesting that the President was a woman. I guess I view the Phillippines as "old scool" traditions still and not too modern to the idea of a woman in power. I wonder if these accusations will harm other women's chances of being able to be President.

Continue reading "Protest numbers swell against President Arroyo" »

WHALE AND DOLPHIN FISHIN IN JAPAN

QuickPost | System Overview | Movable Type Publishing Platform

This type of article really inspires me to try to change policy. This is a unique form of non violent action. Warning this story is not for the faint of heart. View at your own discretion. I would post a picture but I dont know how. Yeah can somebody help me with that anyway.

I really want to see some blog feedback on this one so please let us discuss this one. Tell me what you think. for some time I have been researching this topic.

LEts Blog amigos and amigas!

Continue reading "WHALE AND DOLPHIN FISHIN IN JAPAN" »