Asians in the media

In America many people tend to look at Asians as the role model, the smart ones, overachievers, and discipline; in other words 'model minority.' One reason why this tends to be in my views is due to the media. The media plays a huge role in shaping people's views, opinion, and ideas of what the world is made of. Fact is, what the media puts out isn't always true and many of the time it's only portraying a small percentage of what the actual picture. As an Asian student at a big University, I myself have been judged and viewed upon in the eyes of the media and society. Rather I am nothing close to what the media sets me to be. In my blog, I want to showcase that Asians we have more to offer than just being set to be smart and the model minority but also we have other talents as well to struggles.