Two "sneak peek" videos on the new Faculty Center and Advisor Center are now available. The videos provide an overview on how these centers will benefit users. The ESUP Student Training Team will be developing more in-depth tutorials and documentation of this new functionality before ESUP goes live.
Recently in News Category
Earlier this month, the First Lady remarked upon the University's One Stop financial literacy program, Live Like a Student, at the College Opportunity Summit. She, along with President Obama, spoke about the effort to help young people pursue an education. In particular, the First Lady recognized the U as not only providing financial aid services but also "committing to expand those services to include financial literacy programs to help students and their families manage the costs of college."
Walk-in hours at the STSS One Stop location will change beginning Monday, February 3, 2014. At that time, One Stop hours will be 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Friday office hours will remain the same (8 a.m.-4 p.m.). This change will ensure the STSS One Stop location is appropriately staffed.
Additionally, the STSS One Stop location will remain open until 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday during the first two weeks of spring semester, as well as the week prior to and the first two weeks of fall semester. Office hours at the West Bank and St. Paul One Stop locations will not change.
Each year, ASR staff have the opportunity to participate in a service project. We're mixing things up a bit this year though. Rather than supporting only one project, staff may give to several different causes. Look for boxes in various locations throughout our offices to donate items for the following projects:
- Toys for Tots (toys or other gifts for children of all ages). Donations accepted through December 20. Drop-off boxes located in 160 Williamson Hall and 120 Fraser.
- Gift cards for the campus-based Student Parent Help Center (gift cards to stores where student parents can purchase everyday necessities). Donations accepted through January 3. Drop-off box located in 160 Williamson Hall.
- Items for the Ronald McDonald House connected with the University's Amplatz Children's Hospital. Donations accepted through January 3. Drop-off box located in 160 Williamson Hall.
- Animal Humane Society (items for all kinds of animals from dog treats to pet dishes and much more). Donations accepted through January 3. Drop-off box located in 225 STSS or at West Bank or St. Paul One Stop locations.
- Second Harvest (non-perishable food items for children, families and seniors in our community; you may also make a cash donation). Donations accepted through December 18. Drop-off box located in 160 Williamson Hall.
Contact Tina Falkner if you have any questions.
The 7th annual Student Veterans Appreciation Day went off without a hitch on November 12. The event, which was held in Coffman Memorial Union, celebrated the contributions of University student veterans, military members, and their families. This year's event featured a short program, including:
- The University's Military Color Guard
- The University Marching Band
- Remarks from veteran and University head wrestling coach J. Robinson; and
- Remarks from University student veteran Zach Benson.
Thank you to all of our student veterans for your sacrifice and service!
On October 14, you received an email from the Hay Group, the external vendor chosen by the University to conduct a survey of engagement. The email contains a link to the online survey. Please take 10-15 minutes to complete the survey. The results will help the University in creating an employee engagement program for staff and faculty.
Each survey link is unique so the Hay Group can provide data analysis to the University. If you can't find your email from Hay Group, email them at UofMNsurvey.US@haygroup.com to request a new link.
The 2013 Community Fund Drive, the U's annual charitable giving campaign, ends today! So far, $1 million has been raised toward the $1.5 million fundraising goal. You can have funds taken out of your payroll automatically or give a one-time gift. If you prefer to use a paper form, download one from www.umn.edu/cfd. The website also has information on our seven federation partners and weekly prize drawings, plus a grand prize drawing.
Ingrid Nuttall has accepted the Academic Records director position of the Office of the Registrar (OTR) within ASR. In her new role, she will bring her wealth of experience to OTR, which will contribute to fostering student success. Her involvement in many ASR-wide projects will assist in a smooth transition. During her time in ASR, Ingrid has taken on several major initiatives and completed them successfully. Congratulations, Ingrid!
The Training Team is in the final stages of developing an online Student Data Inquiry (SDI) video that can be used in lieu of in-person training. SDI training is necessary to be granted view access in PeopleSoft. Registration for online training begins Monday, September 30.
The online video and related activities will take approximately 40-60 minutes to complete and will include information regarding FERPA and a short, interactive quiz. Following confirmation of having completed these steps, as well as submitting the Access Request Form, PeopleSoft access will be granted. In-person training will still be available, but it is no longer required.
One Stop's Julie Selander attended a veteran's roundtable with Senator Klobuchar on Aug. 26 at Saint Mary's University Center in Minneapolis. Discussion focused on issues important to student veterans. Channing Riggs, director of Government Relations from the U of M, was in attendance, along with approximately 100 others interested in veterans issues.