Summer classroom renovations and updates
Several general purpose classrooms received environment or technology updates during the summer, including the following:
- Video conferencing classrooms: Magrath 4, Peik 165, and Peters 145 were upgraded to full video conferencing and class capture capabilities.
- Major renovations: Amundson B75, Smith 231 & 331, and Blegen 415, 425, and 435, received new furniture, finishes, and lighting updates.
- Technology feature upgrades were completed in more than 50 rooms. Room features can be found on the room inventory page.
- Improvements include: wide-screen video projectors, HDMI input cables, and class capture output connections.
- Study spaces added: the Keller Atrium and Humphrey 50 were added to the inventory and completely renovated. New fixtures include display monitors and tables for individual study and small group work.
Remember to locate your classroom assignment
Room assignments for fall 2014 classes are available on the One Stop Class Schedule. Please note: room assignments are subject to change prior to the start of term. While this usually only affects a small number of classes, verify your classroom assignment before the first class meeting. If you have specific questions about your room assignment, contact your department scheduling coordinator.
Newly enhanced classroom support hotline
The Office of Classroom Management (OCM) hotline has been enhanced to align with University-wide support services and has expanded the hours of availability for technology services. The phone number remains the same (612-625-1086), but callers will be prompted to select from a menu of options. This will connect them to the support staff who are best able to meet their needs. Technology calls will be routed to a team of support professionals who are available 24 hours a day.
Classroom technology instructions and videos
The classroom technology instructions for each building provide a list of equipment and additional features, as well as a representative image of the instructor station in each classroom. Orientation is available upon request for those who want to learn more about the technology features. For any questions, contact OCM Classroom Support.
OCM News Blog
Stay informed about general purpose classrooms and student study spaces by visiting the OCM news blog. The blog provides news and information updates throughout the semester and is accessible via the OCM website.
OCM is available to help with any questions, concerns, or comments regarding general purpose classrooms or central student study spaces. Contact us via the Classroom Support Hotline at 612-625-1086 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff are available for classroom and scheduling-related calls Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Messages left at the hotline are monitored by an on-call manager after hours.