August 2011 Archives
Several general purpose classrooms were renovated or upgraded this summer. You can find detailed project information on the OCM website, but here are a few highlights of classroom projects completed over the summer:
- Folwell Hall reopens with an entirely new interior, featuring 28 general purpose classrooms and 3 student study spaces. The new classrooms will have capacities ranging from 18-64 students; with an average classroom capacity of 34.
- Humphrey Center featured renovation of classrooms 20 and 30, including carpet, paint, and furniture. The current chalkboards were replaced with markerboards, and the technology was enhanced to include widescreen projection, HDMI laptop sources, and installation of document cameras.
- Akerman Hall reopens with a new HVAC system throughout the building.
- Auditorium Lighting: In partnership with Energy Management, a project replaced the lighting in three auditoriums across campus. The intention of this project was to improve lighting and energy performance in large rooms which had previously used incandescent lighting. The three rooms that were updated were Murphy Hall 130, Ralph Rapson Hall 100, and Molecular Cellular Biology 3-120.
Classroom specific instructions for using the installed classroom technology is available on the OCM website, go to Find classroom instructions.
- We've added enhanced instructions and short video tutorials to the OCM website. Do you have any suggestions for a video tutorial or specific equipment instruction? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.
There are two options for accessing the Internet in a general purpose classroom: through the wired or wireless network. Detailed information about how to connect to a network can be found on the network FAQ. The wired network connection provides the highest level of performance and reliability and is recommended for presenters. This method requires prior DHCP registration (taking only a few minutes). Please read network FAQ to learn more about DHCP.
OCM is available to help with any questions, concerns, or comments regarding general purpose classrooms or central student study spaces.