Recently in Classroom Q&A Category

Classroom Q&A

Q: I showed up to where my class was supposed to be held but no one is in the room. How do I find out where the class is?

A: Last minute changes occur frequently as the semester starts. Check the One Stop class schedule for the most up to date information. You can also contact the Classroom Support Hotline for location or directional information: 612-625-1086.

Classroom Q&A

Q: Why does it take so long to get things fixed in classrooms? I reported something broken weeks ago, and it's still not addressed.

A: Nearly 80% of issues reported to the Hotline are resolved within a day or two, but there are some that can't be resolved as quickly or without the help of campus partners, explains Hotline Supervisor Paula Seeger. "We proactively address items to prevent class disruption, but sometimes there are unexpected issues that OCM has no control over that can result in delayed resolution."

For example, building infrastructure can limit network or HVAC installation, upgrades, or resolution. Other limitations include staffing levels or work schedules, room schedules (i.e., something needs 3 hours to fix and there are back-to-back classes scheduled all day), and the inventory of parts needed to replace what is broken (parts may be backordered or in short supply either at the University or with the off-campus vendor). "If there will be an unexpected delay in resolution, we try to inform customers as soon as we are aware of the issue so they can make changes to their class plans or try to relocate courses to other classrooms," Seeger says. "We realize the challenge this presents and greatly appreciate the patience most instructors and room users demonstrate when an unexpected delay occurs."