New time extension forms and change to petition form

| No Comments

Beginning spring 2013 (January 22), all requests for time extensions for master's and doctoral students must be approved by a designated representative in the home college of the student requesting the extension. Graduate Student Services and Progress (GSSP) will no longer be responsible for approving time extensions but continue to complete data entry of form information. The Graduate Student Petition Form should no longer be used for time extensions but may still be used to update the Graduate Degree Plan.

To facilitate the approval of time extensions, two new time extension forms have been created and will be available on the Graduate School's website by January 22. The redesigned petition form will also be available on January 22.

Notification about this change will be sent to all graduate and professional students in the January 28 Graduate and Professional Student Update; however, please feel free to share this message with students in your own publications. If you have questions about reviewing time extension forms, please contact GSSP directly. As you continue to refine your college's process, GSSP staff are available to answer questions and assist you in creating a practice that makes sense for your programs.

Leave a comment

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by epaxton published on December 28, 2012 9:33 AM.

Grad School interviewed by Inside Higher Ed was the previous entry in this blog.

Maintenance outage January 5 & 6, WorkflowGen processes affected is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.