FERPA Q&A: Amending an educational record

| No Comments

Question: Can a student request to have information removed from or amended in his or her educational record?

Answer: Yes, under FERPA, students may request that inaccurate or misleading information be removed from or amended in their educational record. The amendment procedure, however, may only be used to challenge facts that are inaccurately recorded, not to challenge a grade, an opinion, or a substantive decision made by an institution about a student. University policy requires the student to identify the record in question and provide a written statement explaining why the amendment should be made.

Leave a comment

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by epaxton published on July 18, 2013 10:30 AM.

Temporary solution for room schedule displays was the previous entry in this blog.

Graduate Degree Plan tutorials is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.