« Welcome! |
| "Grad Gab" Lunch Schedule »
February 7, 2006
Meeting Minutes 01.27.06
Fall 2006 Meetings and Events
New Page 1
|Items discussed included:
- Take possession of checking account from previous Treasurer and deposit
- Future meetings are to be held after First Friday sessions.
- First Friday meeting to be used to discuss what students would like to get
out of GSO, types of events/meetings we should hold, etc.
- Hold monthly luncheons (â€œGrad Gabsâ€?) to provide opportunity for members who
canâ€™t make First Friday meetings. First luncheon will be at Noon on 2/15/06,
- Updating website and create blog for GSO members with posted minutes, Q&Aâ€™s
from students, calendar of events, officers directory, etc.
- Create calendar of events
- Find out if itâ€™s okay to share personal information among group if provided
and approved by members (i.e., photos on blog page, email address, member
- Look into sponsoring thesis and dissertation support/informational meetings
with Barb for direction and peer feedback on projects.
- We discussed the purpose of the organization, which includes giving DHA
graduate students an opportunity to interact with one another in order to
network, find collaboration opportunities, share experiences, information and
resources, and increase collegiality.
- Distribute graduation checklist.
- Discuss a cause that GSO could support if thereâ€™s interest from members.
- Invite CALA GSO to join us at an event later in the semester.
Posted by atank at February 7, 2006 10:22 AM
| Meeting Minutes
Post a comment