Main | »

self portrait

starting this project i had a few ideas of what i thought i wanted to do. in the end i decided to work woth some of my photography. i like to use a lot of images in my work. i think ultimately my project shows many sides to my life. i dont think there is one way to define who i am. my life is made up many moments, some happy some sad and some painful. i combined thses images with images of everyday things i go through in a day. or places of peace. there are many emotions shown in the lower images. all the photography is mine. over the smaller images i placed a larger image over it. the top image acts in a way as a means to hide the under images. i believe everyone tends to hide certain feelings from time to time. as a way of protecting themselves. i guess this is what i was doing. i guess. lis.jpg
i really enjoyed being able to work with my own photography for this project. i think this was definitely a good introduction project. kinda eased me into using photoshop, so i wasnt overwhelmed. i tend to get real anxious with computers especially when it is creating art with them. i was not use to using photoshop, other then a means of enhancing photos. so i started out really nerve. i am actually really happy with my final image. it actually shows my style of art really well. and that is something i was afraid i wouldnt be able to achieve through photoshop. i think this self portrait works real well with my other work.