first couple projects

i really enjoyed our first projects. i thought it was very interesting to see all the style differences throughout the class in the self project. i thought everybody had a very distinct individual style. it was also neat to see how we all approached the narrative project and incorporated our styles into it. there was such a wide range....

Continue reading "first couple projects" »

princess and the pea

i really had no idea what fairytale to use at first. i tried to think of one my mom read to me when i was younger but came up with nothing.
after giving up on that idea, i remembered that i had always like the story of the princess and the pea when they read it to us in gradeschool. they image of the princess laying in a bed of like 80 different layers always stuck in my head. i think the picture are always powerful. especially as a kid. so.....

for my narrative project i decided to use the princess and the pea for my fairytale. i am a collector and really enjoy old used stuff. anything and everything. my mom is also a keeper, we dont like to throw away anything that could possibly come in handy. so for this project it was great that my mom had kept her wedding shower wraping paper. so i used the paper from the 70 and then old photographs. creating a style within photoshop

Continue reading "princess and the pea" »