Designs | Resume | KamranAyub.com | email: ayubx003 (@umn.edu)

« Bands To Watch For [Reminder] | Main | How To: Use PHP to Grab Event Date from Google Calendar RSS [Tips & Tricks] »

New Website Release – Business Association for Multicultural Students [Web Design] | Posted at 7:24 PM

bam-screencap

As I just posted on my company blog, I’ve just finished another website. The site is for the Business Association of Multicultural Students, of which I will be a member of soon.

I met with some officers of the group last Tuesday. That was when I started developing the site and in less than a week and 30 hours later I was finished and met the budget. How’s that for turnover?

Here are some of the features I implemented:

• Google Calendar for managing events.
  • Google Picasa for managing photos, along with a barebones custom PHP photo gallery script for the website itself.
  • Google Analytics for site stats and tracking.
  • Poll script and administration using SimPoll.
  • Integrated WordPress blog.
  • Integrated phpBB3 forum.
  • JohnDesign’s SmoothGallery for homepage “animations.?
  • SimplePie RSS reader for showing upcoming events and blog posts. I use RegEx to parse the date an event occurs from their Google Calendar RSS feed.
  • Custom admin control panel for uploading member resumes, along with a password-protected section for recruiters to view them.
  • Fully degradable design for accessibility, functions without JavaScript or CSS, like always!

Wow, that’s a lot of features, and all of the scripts were free! Unfortunately due to time constraints I was not able to skin their blog and forum, but perhaps at a later date they will want me to.

I know some people will be interested in my PHP + Picasa Photo Gallery integration and my parsing of Google’s Calendar RSS feed, so I will post those soon and update this post!

Updated (8/4/08 7:52PM): PHP code for the RegEx is posted.

Updated (8/6/08 11:03PM): You can view the old site as well, if you wanted to see a before/after.

Updated (8/12/08 8:31PM): I posted a how to on integrating Picasa using PHP.

Filed Under: Life Web & Internet

About the Author

Kamran
Divide by Zero is Kamran Ayub's personal blog. Kamran owns and operates Intrepid Studios, a web design and development firm based in Minneapolis. Despite the above picture, Kamran is usually an intelligent person. Please forgive him.

View Kamran Ayub's profile on LinkedIn

Add to Technorati Favorites