Designs | Resume | KamranAyub.com | email: ayubx003 (@umn.edu)

« Windows Phone 7 Quick Tip: Disable Hamachi [Tips & Tricks] | Main | MinneWebCon 2010 – Informal User Testing »

Jumpstart Your .NET Web Application Development - $12 [Marketplace] | Posted at 4:51 PM

I've been exploring the CodeCanyon marketplace for a little while now and I am pretty impressed. It's an opportunity to monetize some ideas I've had and to gain some portfolio work and possibly more customers. I've been a proponent of free software (I provide some on my development site) so I won't be selling everything I make, but I think it's nice to put some product out there as a web designer.

image

I've just released my Web Application Template package for .NET web applications (and it's only $12). It's basically what I would prefer to start with every time I work on a new web site… in effect, a "Web App in a Box."

It supports .NET 3.5 and .NET 4 and offers a slew of features (ELMAH integration, compression/minification of CSS and JS, etc), the to-do list ever growing. You can be sure I'll keep it updated because I will be using it myself! I'm already using it for a new version of Intrepid Studios (not a total redesign, more enhancement-like).

I was sick and tired of all my projects using different file/folder/solution layouts and having to duplicate code across them all the time. I wanted a way to easily get started without spending time configuring everything. While I was working on it, I thought it would be useful for other developers. Will it really save you six hours? Well, it took me a solid 6+ hours of development time to set it up… and then some. Six is a safe bet, possibly more if you aren't that familiar with some of the components I integrated.

As always, let me know if there are bugs and improvements you think of.

You can also check out my previous CodeCanyon release, Google Picasa Gallery + API.

Filed Under: Coding Technology

I have always loved Envato's Marketplaces, and this is yet another fantastic example of why. :)

What an awesome price for such a cool template.

Keep it real Kamran,
Kyle

The one downside to using Envato's marketplaces are their rates. You're lucky to keep 60%. I can see making 1 or 2 just to get your name out there, but nothing long term.

Code Canyon is also a great strategy to look for. I agreed also that it is a big help in making a new development on a certain website.
Thanks for the ideas that you have been shared. I learned a lot from it.

I will take a look, if I'm interested.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks for the post

Chris

About the Author

Kamran
Divide by Zero is Kamran Ayub's personal blog. Kamran owns and operates Intrepid Studios, a web design and development firm based in Minneapolis. Despite the above picture, Kamran is usually an intelligent person. Please forgive him.

View Kamran Ayub's profile on LinkedIn

Add to Technorati Favorites