Designs | Resume | KamranAyub.com | email: ayubx003 (@umn.edu)

« Go to Gamestop and Get a Shiny New Xbox 360 for $150 [Deals] | Main | User Experience Changes in Outlook 2010 [FTW] »

Upgrading Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010 [FYI] | Posted at 7:58 AM

I couldn't really find a straight answer on this. I wanted to know if I had to backup my mail and whether it would get deleted if I upgraded to Office 2010.

The short answer: no! It migrates all your email and settings perfectly, didn't run into any problems!

To save you the trouble, make sure to get the correct version of Office 2010 (32-bit or 64-bit). You cannot upgrade to 64-bit from Office 2007 32-bit; the versions must match.

2010 is so much faster than 2007. I have at least two mailboxes that have between 1GB-2GB of size and 2007 would crawl opening them. 2010 starts up in 5 seconds with all the mail loaded; it's so much faster.

The best feature (so far) is the ability to reorder your mail accounts and favorites in the left pane. THANK GOD.

Now to check if I can combine internet calendars into one calendar, or at least get them to show up in the right-hand agenda list.

Filed Under: Miscellaneous Tips and Tricks

At the risk of stating the obvious, it's always a good idea to back things up anyway...and perhaps setpoints with software updates.

Thanks!

I've installed the new outlook as well. I agree it's much better than the 2007 version. It's been great for our small business and sending message in the office. Everything was upgraded, one of our employees had minor issues.

Lately I upgraded my outlook 2007 to 2010, back up my data, And I find it very useful works perfectly to me.

great post i agree with him that man should never lose his hope there are many opportiunities knocking at your door but the thing is to realiza at right time.

I know this is a litle late but I did just upgrade on my laptop. Good information

ops this post saved me... Even I too faced this address problem and I googled for the solution and I got his post.
Thanks

Thanks)))))))))))))))))

About the Author

Kamran
Divide by Zero is Kamran Ayub's personal blog. Kamran owns and operates Intrepid Studios, a web design and development firm based in Minneapolis. Despite the above picture, Kamran is usually an intelligent person. Please forgive him.

View Kamran Ayub's profile on LinkedIn

Add to Technorati Favorites