Designs | Resume | KamranAyub.com | email: ayubx003 (@umn.edu)

« Is your VMWare Player slow? Switch to VirtualBox. [Virtualization] | Main | Getting the PlayStation Network (PSN) to accept your billing address [Bad Design] »

Wow, Fallout New Vegas is Infested with Bugs [Disappointment] | Posted at 9:48 PM

image

What has happened to the industry when a brand new game comes out and feels like it's still stuck in alpha?

It seriously took me 30 minutes trying to get the game to start since it would crash every time I tried to start it.

I noticed this happens when I tried to do fullscreen on most resolutions, but worked okay in Windowed mode. It also didn't work until I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers (it wasn't a Geforce, so it didn't have to do with the driver release after the game's release, I was only one version behind). Maybe because I restarted my computer it magically worked, who knows? The VS debugger said that a memory address was denied access or something.

Then, after finally getting into the game, it crashes during the weird blur effect during the intro. Awesome. It doesn't just crash, no, it shuts down my damn computer. I tried this 3 times with the same effect, and I was on Medium quality at 720p.

So then, I turn everything to low and run in windowed mode and everything seems to work, although it still stutters intermitently when it absolutely should not.

Just for kicks, I turn up the settings to ultra, same resolution in windowed mode, then load up my save. Of course everything is stutterville x 10, even though when it doesn't stutter it runs fine. The game is unplayable.

I literally spun around in place about 40 times and the game crashed. Yah.

Sorry, my recommendation right now is to pass on this game until the 4th patch is released when it finally works properly.

If it's possible to look past the bugs, there seems to be a good game underneath. I want to be excited for this game, I really do, but I can't until it actually works.

Filed Under: Games Miscellaneous

I second that

We're not aware of this but we do appreciate your sharing with us the bug. Anyhow, thanks for the heads up.

Life Saver...
You just saved me 2 hours of my life. why 2 hours? Because when a game that I am REALLY anticipating does what fallout did to you, I don't quit easily. I spend the whole damn day trying to make it work. And because I not too good at troubleshooting, I sometimes think the hardware ain't enough and I end up buying something I later realize I did not need :S
It happened to me when I wanted to play AOE2, when I wanted to play stronghold 2 and last when I wanted to play medieval2 total war. to be fair, I did actually need an upgrade in the last instance :D

Life Saver...

I've had nothing but problems with this game as well. I was so excited to get it and blah damn thing doesn't work :(

I also tried this game. I thought it was just my computer but then I tried it with a different computer and same thing happened. I actually forgotten about it until I saw this post. Guess I have to wait for the 4th patch huh.. Thanks.

I played this game, management of ammo and guns was hard...

but over all the fallout 2 was my favourite. you should try that game.

Damn, I shall be holding on for buying this then! I haven't heard any problems from any of my mates that have it though!

FNV shuts down my system after 10 minutes of game play. MSI 4700, core 2 quad, 6GB, win 7 64bit.

Same problem goes to me, but I didn't know windowed screen can resolve the problem, temporary.

I also got two or three times that Fallout suddenly jumped out and OS just showed me the blue screen! I was thinking it may caused by my very old computer, but now I think the root cause is Fallout itself!

Well, not to mention that the companion pathfinding isn't so good, and sometimes characters get half stuck for example in a rock! But still it's a great game when it works properly. cheers

Thanks for the warning. Did the game company released the this news first? I thought this was this responsibility.

Charles Baratta
Co-Owner
Express Funding Group

I got the same problem for me too.
Thanks for the information.

Cheers.

I actually forgotten about it until I saw this post. Guess I have to wait for the 4th patch huh.

Isn't there anything that has the same game feature or aspect as fallout? While we wait for the 4th patch..

If we need a new game to run on a windows system we need to make sure that the system has got the updated drivers.

you have mentioned that after trying for 30 min, you updated the display card drivers.

I got the same problem for me too.
Thanks for the information.

The 4th patch is long other due. Personally, I find it a bit frustrating when you pay alot of money for a game only to find that it is full of bugs.

It is an awesome game though, dont get me wrong. I just didnt find nearly as many bugs in Fallout 3. Anyone feel the same?

Best regards
Jared
The MMO Gamer

It's a fun game though.

Your review caused me to hold off trying the game.

Is there an update that works better?

We loveeee the Fallout series and it completely sucks that they STILL haven't patched this. Fallout 2 - awesome. Fallout 3 - few bugs. FNV - unplayable... hope they fix it asap

I always have no luck in this game. Just can't figure out why.

I'm totally gave up this game!

Had the same probelm here, but solved it ...

Same problem and i had call of duty too which is full of issues.

New Vegas may be one of the most anticipated games of the year but, if complaints flooding in from disgruntled players all over the US are to be believed, it is also one of buggiest,and New Vegas’ launch just wouldn’t be the same without a few game-breaking bugs.

Maybe this is a sign that Bethesda is focusing its manpower on the new Elder Scrolls games . . .

I've always found these games to be buggy though. You have to expect it from such an open ended game. It has to be the hardest game to game test.

This blog reminds me my experience. Even I started my business as virtual assistant. now its being my 5th year and i feel the same thrill doing this job as before. trust me we have to consider certain facts to maintain the trill and joy for ever. As a virtual assistant its very important to keep the client satisfaction on top no matter big or small client. the quality, dedication and commitment play a crucial roll in keeping the client happy !!!!!

Had the same problem..
Thanks

John
virtual assistant

Since my computer is not that good, with sadness in my heart I must say pass to this game that I was looking forward to play. Thanks for warning me.

I had this exact issue, thanks for the fix!

Bugs are everywhere virtually I don't know why some people love to develop these nasty pests just to paralize a working and functional system?

I also got two or three times that Fallout suddenly jumped out and OS just showed me the blue screen! I was thinking it may caused by my very old computer, but now I think the root cause is Fallout itself

Unfortunately that is true for many new releases - they are simply hurried to be launched before they are thoroughly tested. Too bad!

The money is too big, I guess they can't wait for testers to come up with a gold version...

Thanks for the heads up on this, I am glad I read this first.

cool post, thanks for the game review. I will wait for an update, so I could play the game.

I don't know what they where thinking releasing such a buggy version.

My heart skipped a beat when I've seen this typewriter you don't see them around nowadays, than I learned about Garnett McCoy. Honestly I first learned about his great persona in this article. unfortunately, after death we discover true meaning of once's life. NIce article, thank you.

DJ HIRE IN PRESTON + MOBILE DISCO IN PRESTON - http://www.mobiledjpreston.com/ WE PROVIDE QUALITY MOBILE DISCO IN PRESTON AND HAVE DONE FOR MANY YEARS - WE ENTERTAIN FOR BIRTHDAY PARTYS IN PRESTON - OUR KARAOKE DISCO SHOWS ARE SECOND TO NONE - MOBILE DJS IN PRESTON + DISCOs IN PRESTON KARAOKE DISCOS

Great info there, thanks for the heads up, all I need now is the game.

I was surprised too. The amount of bugs in the system was surprising.It is still fu to play but once you notice the bugs its hard to ignore them.

virtual assistant

The world of virtual assistance is definitely growing. Virtual assistants can provide a lot services like administrative support , travel arrangements, book keeping and transcription. This can be a real blessing for small businesses which cant afford too much expenses for a full time. Many of the companies are hiring virtual assistants who work from home. The reason is that they can be accessed any time and they work for you round the clock. Thanks for the post.

virtual assistant

virtual assistant

gran material, gracias totales

Just want to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

what i don`t understand is why my computor shut down, normally it only crashes on these games.

why was it that my computer crashed? normally it only crashes on these games.!!!!

Had the same problem..
Thanks

There's nothing more annoying than that. It's time you can't get back and all for nothing!

720p is not so bad. The amount of bugs in the system was surprising.It is still fu to play but once you notice the bugs its hard to ignore them.

super buen material, creo que lo que expones es digno de un oscar :P

Had same problem. new patch soon?

I am waiting to play this game. really surprising.

I was looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

Is the new patch available yet??? If not, does anyone know when??

My experience is that many games, ok most games have some sort of bug first time round??

[url=http://guenstigeprivatekrankenversicherungvergleich.com]guenstige private krankenversicherung vergleich[/url]

exelente post, ya que nos muestra cosas nuevas para los usuariosque estamos realmente interesados en estos temas
un gran saludo.

smitzabella

This Game kick my ass too. I tried to run several times and got crashed and then I stop and shutdown my PC but I can't run it again. then I give a new set up my Windows and was good but I noticed everyday my file was going broke and missing!!! Yes the virus can't be remove! I had to buy a new Hard drive. What a Game it was!

exelente post. This Game kick my ass too. I tried to run several times and got crashed and then I stop and shutdown my PC but I can't run it again. then I give a new set up my Windows and was good but I noticed everyday my file was going broke and missing!!! Yes the virus can't be remove! I had to buy a new Hard drive. What a Game it was!

Thanks for the info on a ps3 problem i wasn't aware of i thought it was my game so i went out and bought a new one unfortunately the problem still exists.

I really like the vidio game, very interesting and challenging. rasanyanya want to win this game

This is a great post! I have a ps3 and i've loved it. Too bad it runs into problems like this.

This blogs remind me how interesting the game would be.Waiting for it .

ARRRGGG!!

you as well then! i thought the game was a major let down for all the hype it recieved.. not impressed!!

Many of the companies are hiring virtual assistants who work from home. The reason is that they can be accessed any time and they work for you round the clock. Thanks for the post.

Sepeda Motor Injeksi Irit Harga Terbaik Cuma Honda, Merupakan jargon yang pantas disandang oleh Honda. karena sudah terbukti produk-produk sepeda motor keluaran Honda selalu identik dengan sepeda motor yang irit bahan bakar. Motor asal jepang ini telah lama menjadi idola

very good article. PS3 are the way forward

Had the same problem here, please solve it. Thanks for sharing nice and important blog with us.

I've had nothing but problems with this game as well and I was so excited to get this game

The game would actually be great if it wasn't for these problems. Too bad...

I've seen problems but one things for sure I really had fun playing with this game. Also try to check this out http://internetmarketingdirect.com.au/

Why would you use such a thing ?

Just curious did they even fix the Game?

Fort Myers Beach Real estate:
http://www.agent4leecountyfl.com

Lovely post, thanks for sharing the wonderful post with us, we need to have a lot of such posts in future as well, do update your blog frequently!

About the Author

Kamran
Divide by Zero is Kamran Ayub's personal blog. Kamran owns and operates Intrepid Studios, a web design and development firm based in Minneapolis. Despite the above picture, Kamran is usually an intelligent person. Please forgive him.

View Kamran Ayub's profile on LinkedIn

Add to Technorati Favorites