« Keys | Main | Visiting Artist Opportunities ... »

Quarter War

For the stop motion project I wanted to use Legos and to give them a life of their own. One thing I wanted to show in this stop motion project were three different realities. The human world, the 2D world of drawings, and a 3D world of Legos. I wanted to show that although the three realities are not the same, they co-exist together. I tried to make these connections by have different realities come together at different points. I also added a portal because I wanted to make a connection between the 2D and the 3D world, and to see what happens when a 2 dimensional drawing become a 3 dimensional object like a Lego.

Some problems that I had while doing this project was lighting and focusing the camera. The Legos and the white board both had shiny surfaces and I could light them directly without getting a glare, and I took some time before I could figure out the best way of lighting everything. It also took a long time the properly focus the objects because Legos are just so small and the close-ups requires a different focus from the far shots. Another big problem I was a trying to crease music to go with the video. I have no musical talent and I was really hard for me to make music. I also a lot of scenes and I didn’t know how to make different songs match the scenes and still make it flow nicely, so I decided on just one song.

I wanted to use the advantage of stop motion to make the Legos seem alive and to be able to move on their own, but at the same time I wanted this project look to look like a film. To make is seem more like a movie I did a lot of panning shots, different camera angles, and zoom in and out. I think overall the storyline was pretty clear, and I’m so what satisfied with the finish project. There are some things I would like to see improved but I’m sick of Legos I don’t want to continue.

I really enjoyed your Legoville stop motion. The use of so many different characters along with the music gave the piece a very epic feel. The used of close ups and panning gave the piece a cinematic quality that you do not generally see in stop motion projects. Like what was talked about in class. I would have liked to have the audio build up to the fight, instead of having it all there right away. But other than that the video was well done and entertaining.

Your project was very entertaining to watch and held my attention all the way through. I got engaged in your story of these Lego characters that want to get the quarter, and I wanted to see how it all ended so your video was very captivating. You can tell that you put a lot of work into this becuase of the elaborate set you made and all of the different characters that were involved. Again, I really liked the story line and think that this was a great project.

I found this video to be very entertaining and well put together. You can tell that a lot of thought went into the making of the video with all the details that happen throughout it like the panning and movement of the camera and all the sound effects. Also, there was quite a bit of detail in the fight scence and aftermath that you start to notice after watching it a few times. Overall I feel the video was really well done.

This video looks like it took a long time to put together, and the hard work shows. You did a nice job of having a good lengthy build up to the battle between the Lego characters, and all of the little detail is what really makes this video something special. I'm not sure if the Linkin Park music was the best fit, but the way you looped it up throughout the video was pretty good. I also like the incorporation of the drawn Lego character and how he interacted with the real world at the end. It added another whole element to the story. Great job!

your storyline was great. the build up of tension between the town's people was translated effectively, the sound effects where subtle yet well timed. the use of the "other" character who came from the board through the portal was great, and the ending of the hand coming in and stealing the booty was great. I feel you told a story of what happens to people when greed and desire overcomes them and the results that come from these wants- nice storytelling

This video was by far one of my favorite out of the lot that we watched. The thing that I liked the most about it was that it reminded me of my childhood, where we used to set up a lego fight for hours all to have it get destroyed in about 5 minutes. Overall this movie looks like it took alot of work to put togeather and the close up camera angles is what makes it really stand apart. One criticism that I have for it though is (for the same reason that I like it so much) that the final battle is amazingly short. So much aciton is going on at the same time that the viewer cant really process it all without looking at the movie more than once. So if I was to change anything it would be to slow down the actual fight. Oh, and audio was great. Overall a very good project and I really enjoyed it!

Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web site is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this web site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found simply the information I already searched all over the place and simply couldn't come across. What an ideal web site.

I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thank you again