« Misty Water Color Memories | Main | Sorry Playing Sorry »

Stick Man

I did this third project by making a flipbook of a guy that keeps having bad things happen to him as he walks around. About halfway through my video, he comes out of his two-dimensional “paper world� and into the real three-dimensional world as a clay person. He is a lot different as a three-dimensional being, so different things happen to him that couldn’t have happened in the 2-D world.

I enjoyed this project the most out of all of them so far because I liked how it all comes together at the end after working so hard to get all of your pictures done in order, and in a way that makes sense, and it was nice to be familiar with Final Cut Pro already so I didn’t have to learn how to work a new program as well as create my project. I also liked working with a normal camera better than a video camera because that way I didn’t have to check out anything: I used all my own equipment. I finished my project by making a simple music track using GarageBand. I didn’t want the music to take away from the action that was going on in my scenes, so it is pretty much just background music.

I liked your video a lot. It was simplistic, yet obviously took a lot of creativity. The fact that he came to life using clay was a great addition to the video. You also used a lot of good camera angles to make it visually attractive. The end was good as well... there was an obvious change in music and it was almost contemplative on whether or not this clay figure should commit suicide beacuse of all the bad things that happened to him. Good work.

I liked how you made the gradual change between the 2D and 3D world. When you were shooting the 2D drawings it doesn’t allow many camera angles, but when you switched into the 3D world I though you use of different angle shots were really effective. This poor guy in your video keeps dying and coming back to life, so at the end it doesn’t feel like he’s dead. It seems like he could spring back to life from the pile of clay. You had come great ideas, nice work.

I really, really liked this video. I thought the story on paper of the stick man drawn out was already really cool and well done, but the fact that he ALSO comes out of the paper world into 3-D as clay, was a really cool idea, and it made for a really interesting short movie. Also, the ending had a pretty neat twist with the stick man (presumably) committing suicide, or just dying accidentally. Very good job.

I thought this video was very well done. The motion you achieved with the clay figure was quite impressive and you thought of some creative things for the little man to do. It was also creative to have the man move from the 2D drawing into the 3D world. One of my favorite parts about this was the music. I thought it fit perfectly, especially when it dropped out for that brief rotating shot.

I liked this video because you used simple non-complex drawings and sculpture to create a storyline was more complex than components-even if it was not totally straightforward. You did a nice job telling the story of how this stickman came to life. You also used some nice effects to aid you in this storytelling. I can totally see how far your work has come since the first video.