« Visiting Artist Opportunities ... | Main | Visiting Artist Summary »

Stop motion reflection

When I started off on the project I knew that it would take a lot of work to make stop motion but I didn't think that it would take as much time as it did. I found it to be a very time consuming and at times tedious process to go through to make a video but in the end when you get to see the fruits of your labors it does make it worth it. There was a real sense of fullfillment when you watch your inanimate objects brought to life on a video. Overall I had a lot of fun with this project though there were times when things got really annoying like when things would fall over or not be able to move in the ways that were invisioned when planning. Also batteries dying in the camera can be really annoying. Well I am glad that this was out third project since it was a new experience that I enjoyed on the whole and I plan to continue doing stop motion videos on my own for the fun of it.

Of all the projects, I think yours had the best ending because it was so unexpected and weird. I really enjoyed your whole project, becuase it's not really clear what's happening to this character but it is still entertaining all the same. I liked the sound effects in your piece, but the only thing I would change is the music that plays when the two people fight because it doesn't seem to fit the rest of the story, but other than that you did a good job.

The sound works great with this video! You did a great job with choosing sound effects too for when the doll (action figure?) tries out the different holes. As far as the animation goes, the movement is very fluid, you did a great job of making the action figures have human like movement. If you had wanted them to have human like characteristics though you should of had it be more confused when entering the different holes and finding itself back in the box. But maybe you didn't want them to be human like in thoughts, just movement. The ending was one of my favorite parts too but I found it most enjoyable in the critique room when there was the burst of laughter.

I loved this video. It was very bizarre in a really cool way, and the creature moving through the portal looked fantastic. Inside of the jukebox, the music worked really well, too.

As good as the stop motion was, the ending was also a very big part of this video, I think. It was so strange, and it ends so abruptly, that it leaves the viewer with something neat to contemplate. Very good job.

This video was really well done. the intro had interesting camera angels i.e. the first person perspective, and the sound was convincing- the sound of walking in the woods. the story line was amazing; the notion of an alternate reality or dream was believable. The ending brought everything together with the dual yous.