Project 3/4 Audio Visual
This project was very difficult. I have encountered so many problems and solved the majority of them over the past weeks. I feel very accomlished now that I'm done but during the process was very frustrating. First for some reason the images won't show up as the correct size when they go into final cut even if final cut is set up dimensionally. This means each little image had to be resized upon entering final cut. Another time delaying process was saving the images as pds files then when they were opened in final cut they were sequences versus being a still image. I then would have to open the sequence and get the image I wanted to layer somewhere out of the sequence. This proved to be very time consuming but also made it easier to work with the images to make them 'move' to the beat. A way of compiling the images I used was to 'crop' them and have them play side-by-side together. This did save time on having to draw out pictures with all the images in them. However, layering and placing of the images together requires caution because in order to do this, each image's properties have to be idividually changed and made sure they'll work. In some cases, like with the rain drops, this meant 100+ images needing their properties individually changed. This whole process was very time consuming and I spent well over ten hours outside of the class each of the last five weeks or so. This time was first spent creating images on my laptop because I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop then I rented out the macbookpro several times for editing purposes. My end result is something I'm very happy with although this project has taken up a lot of my time lately!!