« artist response | Main | Revenge & Betrayal »

Project 3/4 Audio Visual

This project was very difficult. I have encountered so many problems and solved the majority of them over the past weeks. I feel very accomlished now that I'm done but during the process was very frustrating. First for some reason the images won't show up as the correct size when they go into final cut even if final cut is set up dimensionally. This means each little image had to be resized upon entering final cut. Another time delaying process was saving the images as pds files then when they were opened in final cut they were sequences versus being a still image. I then would have to open the sequence and get the image I wanted to layer somewhere out of the sequence. This proved to be very time consuming but also made it easier to work with the images to make them 'move' to the beat. A way of compiling the images I used was to 'crop' them and have them play side-by-side together. This did save time on having to draw out pictures with all the images in them. However, layering and placing of the images together requires caution because in order to do this, each image's properties have to be idividually changed and made sure they'll work. In some cases, like with the rain drops, this meant 100+ images needing their properties individually changed. This whole process was very time consuming and I spent well over ten hours outside of the class each of the last five weeks or so. This time was first spent creating images on my laptop because I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop then I rented out the macbookpro several times for editing purposes. My end result is something I'm very happy with although this project has taken up a lot of my time lately!!

First off, I feel your pain. Second, I think that your finished product really shows how much time you put into this project because I now know more about your animation processes. As what was said in class, I really don't think you need a story or narrative for this piece. With a combination of the audio and visuals, it feels a lot like a dream sequence. Dreams don't always make sense in having a coherent story, so each "random" scene relates to that.

I really liked your approach of connect the visual images to the audio. There were some transitions you could have worked on, but I think the transitions was a great improvement compared to your last video. I liked how you had different pictures to match different sounds. I could tee you spent a lot of time to match the images with the beats.It was a really relaxing to listen to, and visually enjoyable too. I really liked it, good job.

Overall I found this film to be very enjoyable. The music and video for it were both relaxing and fit very well together. There were some very good transitions between some of the scenes. The transition between the opening title and the rest was a little abrupt. Being that it was animated and fit nicely together it shows that you put a lot of work into this project. Well done.

I liked that you kept the images simple for this film. I felt that some parts were very disconnected though, they sort of shifted from abstract representations of the sound to more realistic references of things like whales. I know you put a lot of time into this project and I think you did a great job of making the transitions and timing run smoothly. I feel that is this piece was more about representing the music through imagery maybe you could have stuck with a more abstract drawing style .

I thought this project was amazing well done and I really enjoyed watching it evolve over time as you showed me parts that you were working on. It really seems like you put alot of work and effort into this piece and it definatly shows. The audio is top notch and the animation is spectacular. I expecially liked the road to sun transion because it was very seemless. Great Job!