final project

For my final project I started off with an idea that did not work out so I then decided to try and make an audio representation of what my day is like. In it I wanted to try and portray a depressed atmoshpere since I deal with depression quite a lot. To do this I tried to be minamalistic in the sounds I used for the day and to not have people interaction and also had a background track of sighs and other things. Overall I think that I got the mood across but that is because I know what I was trying to get across so I am not sure if other people get the same atmoshpere from it.

The Birth Of Goatboy

Continue reading "The Birth Of Goatboy" »

Day

Continue reading "Day" »

Day

Continue reading "Day" »

Final Project Proposal

For my final project I would make a new film. In this film I want to try and depict how society is becoming narrow minded and somewhat robotic. What I mean by this is society expects everyone to stay within the lines and follow a basic path (i.e. go to school, go to college, get a job.) for your life and if someone steps out of the lines they become an outcast or someone that should be avoided. Some things I want to do in the film are have most people looking the same(maybe get some cheap mask so the faces are the same too) and depict the news and neuropharmaceuticals as controlling techniques. Also I would like to have the people that look the same force anyone that is different to conform. As I earlier stated I want to make this as a video. I do not know how long I want to make it, I guess long enough to get my point across. The video will be real time for the most part but I might mix in some stop motion. The audience for this will be the general population.

Project 3 Proposal

For the third project we have been instructed to make a stop motion type video. This will be my first time attempting something like this so until I actually start taking the pictures it will be hard to say exactly how it’s going to go. As we recorded our short stop motion exercise in class on Monday I realized that these types of videos tend to change a lot on the spot while doing the recording. I have a feeling my mind will change and I will get ideas as I go that will end up making into the final cut. With that being said I have been giving a bit of thought as to what kinds of things I want to do. Right now I think I’m going to start with a sheet of paper and have it fold itself up into an origami crane or something of the like. I will then have this crane take off, using fishing line to make it seem like its flying as I snap the pictures. I will also bend the wings up and down between the shots to give it the appearance of actually flying. I intend to try and move the camera and use zoom while the crane is flying to get different angles. I want to try and get like a ‘Matrix’ type effect where the crane stops in mid air and the camera rotates around it. I will probably have the video start out in my room and then the bird will fly around and eventually get outside. I was going to also have it land at some point and perform some kind of action like grooming or eating to see what kind of interesting motions I can get out of it. I’m interested to hear any feedback or suggestions as well on these ideas.

Project 3 proposal

When it was first said that we were going to do a stop motion video for the next project I immediatly started thinking of what I would like to use for it. In the end I decided that I want to use a basic human figurine. What I want to do in the video is to make it like it is a dream. I have been thinking I want to start off by having someone lying down to sleep in normal video and then jump into using the figurine and then maybe even end it with the person waking up and moving around in stop motion. I have been tossing around multiple ideas for locations for the dream part of the film. From outdoors to trying to make small sets at my place for it. For the sounds in the film I plan to make and maybe alter sounds that I can record from anything that I have lying around my place.

Project 3 perposal

For the animation project I plan to personify an object that we tend to loose a lot, your keys. The shot will open with me getting home and set my keys on the counter where they will come to life and hide. Animating an inanimate object such as keys has always captivated me in how it makes our every day lives seem so like there is so much more behind it. The keys would scatter throughout the apartment and avoid me in many ways till I they finally find their way into my pocket and I leave the apartment.

Project 3 perposal

Project 2

I think for this project I am going to do an instructional film on creating your own 'noise' band. Although the premise of the project will rely on the trope of the "how to" video, it will be conducted in a way that is both informative and radical. My plan is to first present a bit of biography as to the history of 'noise' culture (some of which we have already gone over in class). Then I will talk to a small degree about postmodernism and the changing gap between high and low art. My main goal here is to show that essentially anything can be music and to point to some practitioners of this concept. The film will contain the Dada duality of dead seriousness and absurd mockery both of 'mainstream' music and 'noise' music. I will then explain a bit further types of tools one may need to create 'noise,' and end with the grand "...and now you can do it too." In a sense then the film will also have links to instruction manuals we have discussed in class such as that of Yoko Ono's.

Video Project Proposal

I thought that of the few videos we’ve seen in class, instructing people on how to have a certain persona were really funny. For my first video project, I think I’m going to instruct my audience on how to be awkward. I can see a bunch of different situations that could be included in this video. Some examples could include various phrases someone could say, farting on a date, jumping into conversations at the wrong time, going for the wrong handshake, etc,

I really like the idea of using multiple angles for my how-to video. I don’t think that I will personally be a character in my video because I want to be the one operating the camera. Using color effects could be interesting as well. For instance, switching back and forth between color and black and white film. The awkward silences that always seem to follow an awkward moment create the perfect transition between situations. I don’t think that I want to have any narration in my video. I think it would be much better if it were just different situations.

An example that comes to mind are a series of videos done by Liam Sullivan, whose done such videos as shoes, muffins, text message breakup, and let me borrow that top. The songs are what is supposed to be funny in these video clips, however the beginning sequence with “Kelly’s? family is what is truly funny. This is especially evident in “let me borrow that top.?

I’m most intrigued about doing a video about awkwardness because I constantly find myself talking about how awkward I am with my friends. We’re always wondering why we can’t sometimes just be normal in situations. This video could go in numerous directions. I think it’s going to be a lot of fun to record and edit this video.