Post 11

Leadership is the ability to push others and yourself to a higher ability. Leaders will do things that need to be done even if they are scared to do so.

Leadership is the ability to push others and yourself to a higher ability. Leaders when effective will not even be realized to be leaders. My leadership definition has changed because of the quotes i've been reading about leadership. Its always reasserting my underlying thoughts about leaders being heard but, not seen.

Post 10

leadership is the ability to push others to a higher level of ability. Leaders know how to effectively communicate with those around you. Leadership is the ability to push one self and others to a higher level of ability

Leadership is the ability to push others and yourself to a higher ability. Leaders will do things that need to be done even if they are scared to do so. My leadership definition as changed this week due the upcoming assignment in which we have to sing in class. I don't like sing , however I will do so anyway because it will push me to a higher ability.

Blog Post 9

My definition of leadership this week is the following, leadership is the ability to push yourself and others to a higher ability. A good leader is able to use each person's unique abilities to the fullest when achieving a task. My defintion has changed slightly this week to backup my view that not everyone has or can have the same ability, Some are just better at certain things than others.

Blog post 8

leadership is the ability to push others to a higher level of ability. Leaders know how to effectively communicate with those around you.

Leadership is the ability to push one self and others to a higher level of ability. Leaders must seen the issue and address it. My leadership definition is a reflection of the changing atmosphere that one has to take the lead. Leaders not only have to push others but, themselves as well. Not only that, but one has to be able to push themselves before others.

Post 7

leadership is the ability to push others to a higher level of ability. Leaders know how to effectively communicate with those around them.

Definition for week 8 is the following, Leadership is the ability to push others to a higher level of ability. Leaders know when to step back and allow their followers to solve the issues that have arisen. My definition has changed as a result of the increased emphasis on VASE as well as the inclusion of getting on the balcony. Leaders need to be able realize when their intervention is needed, and when to simply let things take their natural course. Sometimes people need to fail in order to grow and learn.

Boyatzis,R.E.(2006). An overview of intentional change from a leadership perspective. Journal of Management Development, 25(7),607-623

post 6

leadership is the ability to push others and yourself to a higher level of ability. Leadership is not positional but rather encouragement and direction

My definition of leadership this week is of the following, leadership is the ability to push others to a higher level of ability. Leaders know how to effectively communicate with those around them. My definition has changed as a result of the realization that without effective communication good leadership is nothing. If you cant get your plan across, even if it is a great plan, then your leadership has no meaning. Good leader must be charismatic.

Saphiere,D.H,Mikk,B.K&Devires,B.I(2005) Factors affecting communication style: Starring ats in the circus. Communication highwire(pp.47-82). Boston: Intercultural Press

Heifetz,R.A.,& Linsky,M.(2002) "Get on the balcony." Leadership on the Line: Staying alive through the dangers of leading(pp.51-74). Boston: Harvard Business School Press

Post 5

Leadership is the ability to resolve conflict as well as to carry others through difficult times. A good leader will calm themselves down as to not panic or choke in difficult situations.

My definition of leadership is the following, leadership is the ability to push others and yourself to a higher level of ability. Leadership is not positional but rather encouragement and direction. Major change in my definition this week due to the readings and class. The concept in the social change model altered my idea in non-positional function. A leader can be a simple member who gives encouragement, or the decisive person in the group who makes major decisions. Staying calm under pressure has always been important to me so, I was not really moved by Goleman's article.

Goleman,D. & Boyatzis,R (2008). "Social intelligenceand the biology of leadership."Harvard Business Review, 86(9), 74-81.

Astin, H.S. & Astin,A.W.(1996) A social change model of leadership development:Guidebook(version III)(pp.4-27). Los Angeles:University of California Los Angeles Higher Education Research Institute

Leadership Blog post 4

leadership to me is still the ability to solve conflict and issues in a variety of ways. A good leader uses the right styles and types at appropriate times

Okay so my definition for week 5 of leadership has to be the following, Leadership is the ability to resolve conflict as well as to carry others through difficult times. A good leader will calm themselves down as to not panic or choke in difficult situations. The definition has changed this week due to my realization that not everything can go right and then a true leader will be able to adapt to the changing environment. This happens all time were something is going right for someone but, one trip up and they falter. This was the issue with the 18-1 Patriots. One needs to be able to work through setbacks successfully to be a good leader.

Week 3

A good leader will use a variety of different techniques and those with higher skill levels generally have more experience. The changes in definition come as a result of my changing viewpoints of what a leader does. A good leader will use the write techniques at the right time. For instance commanding is best used in a fire while coaching is best used when people are becoming discouraged.

Wow its week 3 already time sure does fly. Okay so leadership to me is still the ability to solve conflict and issues in a variety of ways. A good leader uses the right styles and types at appropriate times. My definition hasn't changed this week due to the lack of any real persuading arguments for it to adapt. The only thing that was revealed to me this week was why people follow. I thought that wisdom was a big reason why people follow certain people, while it is partly true hope is a bigger role. This caught me off guard but looking back it makes sense as if a leader invokes no hope, then people have no loyalty.

Leadershp Blog 2

First and foremost, leadership to e is the ability to move yourself and others through victories and setbacks. A leader must be able to help people to succeed. That said, many people have different leadership techniques and skill levels, meaning that some are just better leaders than others

Okay, so this week adjustments that I would like to make to my definition is regarding the techniques and skill levels. A good leader will use a variety of different techniques and those with higher skill levels generally have more experience. The changes in definition come as a result of my changing viewpoints of what a leader does. A good leader will use the write techniques at the right time. For instance commanding is best used in a fire while coaching is best used when people are becoming discouraged. I did find it interesting the point brought up about right vs right decisions. Most of the time we see it as a right or wrong but when both are right a true leader will shine.

Recent Comments

• delilahmoore617@yahoo.com: Leadres come to represent the expectations of their followers- a read more