Why I chose to come to the University of Minnesota

I chose to come to the University of Minnesota because I knew there would be many oppurtunities for me to advance in a career in business. Coming from Kansas there aren't very many fortune companies and it's harder to network with companies. Whereas in the Twin Cities there are many companies within reach.
My father and my brother also attended the University of Minnesota. All I ever heard growing up was how the University of Minnesota prepares you for life after college. I guess you could say that my having family members going to the University of Minnesota before me, helped me in making my decision as to whether I wanted to actually come here or not.
When I got accepted to the University of Minnesota, I knew that it was where I needed to be. My academic advisor went out of his way to make sure I felt comfortable at this big and sometimes intimidating University. There always seems to be someone there to help you in any asset of your life. That in itself makes me feel very welcomed here at the U.