Main | Roommates! »

Hello, I'm Jill

Hi everyone!
My name is Jill Barnes and I am a senior here at the University of Minnesota. This is my last semester and I will be graduating in May with my B.S. degree in nutrition and dietetics from CFANS. I moved to Minneapolis four years ago as a terrified freshman from Rockford, Illinois. I was the only one from my high school, and the only one from the Rockford area that I knew of, going to the U of M. I jumped right in making friends with my neighbors and classmates, and before I knew it I was calling Minneapolis home. I have really enjoyed being here and love everything about this campus and city. Well, maybe not the subzero weather.

Like Mac, I love to travel. I spent a summer in England just traveling around with some friends because we couldn’t think of anything else to do. They were English, went to my high school, and still had a lot of family across the pond. We jumped from couch to couch all the way around the country seeing the sites and everything else. I learned to love cider and that driving in Whales is not only a skill it’s a miracle you make it back in one piece. I’ve also been to France and Switzerland. I went with my high school French class when I was 16 and had a blast. We saw all the major sites, and toured small towns of the Loire Valley. I even found the castle I want to own when I make my millions…..yea, like that will ever happen.

I don’t remember too much about my first experience with the web, other than I wasn’t allowed to use it. Instant massager was becoming all the rage and I wanted to be like all my friends and get it. My parents were not too excited about this new technology and refused to let me have it. So, like all kids do, I found other ways to use instant messenger. My best friend was allowed to use it and we would spend all afternoon in her dad’s home office taking to friends we has just seen only a few hours before at school. I remember not really understanding that it was like a telephone; that a real person was responding. It wasn’t just the computer making up answers to the questions we were typing. The web was new and confusing to me, but as we all know now, we grew into it and would be lost without it.

Ok, here are my top five countries I want to visit:
1. Australia
2. New Zealand
3. Ireland
4. Spain
5. Italy