BA Show

The piece that stood out to me the most at the BA show was "Intimacy Series 1-9" by Nathan Waldvogel. The piece is 9 separate pictures of different couples naked and embracing each other. The photos portray different types of couples, a man and a woman, two men, and two women. I really enjoy this piece because it highlights that it doesn't matter if your gay or straight, it's just about happiness and love. I think this piece is especially relevant now because sexual orientation is such a controversial topic lately, especially with gay marriage, and I think Nathan is doing his part by showing that regardless of sexual orientation, its all about love and thats all that matters, I like that in these pictures they have the couples smiling and showing a lot of emotion. He also sets these pictures up in a very tasteful way and there's nothing explicit about it, which adds a lot to the piece.

This page contains a single entry by barre300 published on April 13, 2010 2:56 PM.

Bird in the Sky was the previous entry in this blog.

BFA Exhibit is the next entry in this blog.