3 Minute Egg

The 3-minute egg piece that was very interesting to me was titled "Music Lovers''. It was a play written and directed by a man named Alan Berks which follows what it was like to be apart of the local music scene and to be apart of a band that was trying to make it in the mid 90's. Growing up all of Alan's friends were in a band so he was constantly exposed to the local music scene and he got to experience what it was like to have the band lifestyle since he was always around it. In his play "Music Lovers" there is actually no music in the show, but rather it deals with the lifestyle that these bands are living. I think this is very unique because he could have easily turned it into a musical or something like that, but instead he focused on the point he was trying to convey, even though his actors are very talented musicians. It's also unique because this play isn't directed for the typical people that go to plays but rather for the people that go to the clubs. The director also tried to portray how in society today, there is almost this sense of extended adolsence, where people don't need to figure out what they want to do with their life until their 30. Overall, I really enjoyed this video and I think this would be a very cool play to go see.

This page contains a single entry by barre300 published on May 1, 2010 12:56 PM.

The Best Of All Possible Worlds was the previous entry in this blog.

Venice Waterway is the next entry in this blog.