Main | Week 3 entry: Multigenre Papers »

Week 2 Assignment

As I was reading Within and Beyond the Writing Process in the Secondary English Classroom, I noticed an important message that was stated, and that is “writing is a process.? This is a powerful statement that indicates that it requires time and effort. Writing requires lots of thinking, and revision. It can be taught, and like art it needs to be structured and beautifully crafted. As a teacher, I will make sure that I teach my students the process of writing, including all the rules (thesis/body/conclusion) and also allow them to be creative. And last but not least, revision is a must.

I found this great website that was created around the concept of writing as a process. It is filled with tips and methods of prewriting, during writing, and revising.
http://www.angelfire.com/wi/writingprocess/

…………………………………………………………………………………….
Response to Jennifer Jones' blog entry....... (It wouldn't allow me to post on her blog)......
wow… that is a sad incident. I know how it feels when teachers have low expectations for you. But I always surprised and shocked them when it came to my writing, and how creative I was. And once there were able to match my in class writing with my other writing, they are assured that there was no plagiarism involved (but I always get a laugh at their facial expression). And from time to time, we get that great teacher that inspires us, and gives us that pat in the back that we rightfully deserve (hopefully as educators, we turn out to be just like them).