« Week 2 Assignment | Main | Grammar and errors »

Week 3 entry: Multigenre Papers

Reading Tom Romano’s text introduced me to the concept of multigenre. Romano was introduced to multigenre when
he read Michael Ondaatje’s work of literature, each genre is complete filled with multiple voices but it also complements the rest of the genres and together it creates a single literary experience. This is an amazing work of art. I would love to expose this to my students. But just like my fellow teachers, I know that I would have difficulty with timing. How should I break up the genres? How long will each last? How long will it take for the students to understand and comprehend the materials? Romano does point out that teachers have approached the issue of timing regarding multigenre papers in so many ways. Furthermore, the time “students spend on the multigenre project varies depending on the other demands of the curriculum (this even makes the issue of timing even more complicated) and the teacher’s goals? (16). Perhaps once, I start teaching and gain more experience, then I will know how to better answer these questions.

http://www.users.muohio.edu/romanots/

my resource link complements the topic of this week's reading. The website deals with multigenre writing, it defines it and it gives us lots of other resources. Most importantly it shows us how to grade multigenre papers and it provides us with more hands on examples of multigenre writing.

..........................................................................................................................................................
............................ comment for Jason Carpenter's blog..................... (it still doesn't allow me to comment on other blogs......

I also loved that Gladiator movie, it was awesome. yeah the thing thats cool about the multigenre papers is that it provides us with a lot of options and we can be creative about it. And we do not just limit ourself to that five star essay (following one standard).

- Abdullahi

You might have to create a blogger account in order to comment on other people's blogs. Those accounts are free, so give it a try! Let me know if I can help.

Jessie