« bye bye GWSS1001 | Main | 11 »

Final Blog

In this class what i learned most about was perspectives. You guys did a great job of creating this space where you could really put yourself in someone else's shoes. I think that is completely necessary if we are to understand where they are coming from and why they feel the way they do. For example I was able to think about what it might be like to be transgendered and how that person might feel in our society. It makes everyone that our society dehumanizes seem human again. So I will definitely change the way I look at people in our society.

In relation to gender and power I can now more clearly see how power and gender work in our society. I will definitely change the way I react in certain situations, but more importantly I will not worry so much about "doing gender" or being a girl. Society puts a lot of pressure on us to do our gender roles really well in order to have power. But I feel it's more important to be myself and work on breaking those systems down. What's most important isn't having one sex more powerful than the other, but having true equality and acceptance.