Just for review ( and any first time readers) my sub theme is holiday gifts and right now I have five very diverse options that I'm working with.
1) Self-tanning scarf: scarf that is made of fabric/ has particles that attract sunlight to keep you looking sun-kissed year-round.
2) Scissor-less wrapping paper: wrapping paper that tears straight so that you don't need to use scissors.
3) Candle wrapping paper: wrapping paper that can be reused as a candle-- comes in a variety of holiday scents and it non-toxic.
4) Secret Santa gift app: helps you find the perfect gift for hard to buy for people.
5) Nursing home mobile gift center: mobile (portable) gift center that travels to nursing homes with trendy/popular gifts for kids and adults.
The criteria I chose were:
1) Is there a good market for it?
2) Is the timing good?
3) Is there a clear need?
4) Is it feasible to produce?
5) Is it unique?
My secret Santa app had the most +'s so I went with that!
I was also most interested in developing this idea.
I changed the name quite a bit, to that it wasn't as cheesy as "Secret Santa". I found it difficult to come up with a name that was unique and would make sense for this product. I ended up naming the app "KARIS" which is Latin for 'dearest'. Karis is used to buy gifts for those dearest to you, so I thought it fit well.
Instead of a sketch, here is part of the visual aid that I will have on Tuesday. This is a rough mock-up of what the app would look like.
Movie on 2013-12-08 at 22.12.mov