Happy New Year! Welcome Back! Winter Break can be a fun and relaxing time, spent catching up with family and friends or sleeping 'til noon. Unfortunately, Winter Break can also be a rough time. Perhaps last semester was not as academically stellar as you may have hoped. Stressful life decisions abound. Are you making the right career choices??? Is it time to move on from that high school relationship because the long distance thing doesn't really work??? Perhaps you are simply not dealing well with the difficult task of returning to school after quality time with family and friends.College is challenging. Life is more so. Sometimes we need someone to help us think through tough decisions we have to make. Sometimes we need someone to be there when we experience difficulties in our lives, be it the death of a loved one or our own failures. We at UCCS are here to help you. UCCS provides personal, career, and academic counseling to currently enrolled students. If you would like to schedule an appointment at UCCS, please follow these steps.
- Prior to scheduling your first appointment, we ask that you come visit us in Appleby Hall, room 340, to fill out the necessary intake paperwork. Should you be unable to do so, these forms are also available on the UCCS website. Due to confidentiality we do not accept faxed or emailed paperwork.
- Please allow 10-15 minutes to complete paperwork.
- While we appreciate the involvement of the well-intentioned relatives who may call our office, we are only able to schedule an appointment directly with the student who is seeking counseling.
- Once we have received your paperwork, your initial consultation will occur within the next two weeks. Please note we are unable to provide same day appointments. However, we do offer walk-in crisis counseling.
- If you must cancel your appointment for any reason, please do so no less than 24 hours prior to your appointment by calling 612-624-3323.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you check in at the front desk, located in Appleby Hall room 340.
** Please note that the scheduling procedures for a first appointment at the St. Paul office in 199 Coffey Hall are similar; however, there are some differences. If you are looking to be seen in our St. Paul office, please call 612-624-3323 to for clarification of the scheduling procedures.
UCCS is open from 8 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., Monday through Friday with the exception of Tuesdays, when we are open until 5 P.M. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 612-624-3323, so that we can assist you with any further questions you may have.